Does anyone know if or when Hobbywing will release the Max 6 G2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMoelmann

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Mojave
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Talion EXB
  7. Typhon 6s
I already have the Max 8 G2 in my Talion and like it. I was looking to upgrade my Fireteam with the new Max 6 G2 since the car is bigger and heavier. I know the current Max 6 will be more than enough, but I'm not in a rush so I figured I would wait for the G2.

I wondered the same thing. Might as well pickup a little extra ampacity...

Aren't both the Max8 G2 and the Max 6 rated to exactly the same amperage? 160A continous and 1050A peak.

Are you implying that if they release a Max6 G2 it will have a higher ampacity than the current model?

Would also love to know if anyone has any info on this. It makes logical sense that they will, i guess its just a case of when.

Aren't both the Max8 G2 and the Max 6 rated to exactly the same amperage? 160A continous and 1050A peak.
I know that’s what HW says but I don’t buy it. The Max6 is much bigger and I highly doubt the Max8 G2 can handle the same loads without overheating.

HW launched G2 versions of the Max10 and Max8 within the last six months. I’d be surprised if a Max6 G2 wasn’t around the corner.

Are you implying that if they release a Max6 G2 it will have a higher ampacity than the current model?

Would also love to know if anyone has any info on this. It makes logical sense that they will, i guess its just a case of when.
They did up the amperage on the Max 8 to 160. I like the sensored motor combo of the Max 8 G2. I would hope that the new Max 6 would be sensored and have a new matching sensored motor.

Whilst they can both handle 160A continuous, 1050A burst, I think the difference would be that the Max6 could handle 8S (~29.6V) as it is designed for 1/6 scale vehicles (hence the 6 in the name). On the other hand, the Max8 could only handle up to 6S (~22.2V) and is designed for 1/8 scale vehicles. So, they can both handle the same current, but the bigger Max6 can handle more voltage meaning it can handle more power. Technically it could handle 33.3% more power.

I'm looking to buy a Max6, but am holding out for the Max6 G2 as I don't want to buy something that will immediately be superseded. Also, I expect the G2 to enable the BEC output to be 8.4V in addition to the 6.0V and 7.4V offered by the current Max6, which is useful to me.

I don't see a market large enough for the Max 6 G2, 1/5-1/6 scales will be able to easily fit a max 5 G2. If your big 1/7-1/8 buggy needs more than a max 8 g2, there are other 8s ESC options for you to overcompensate with IMO...

I don't see a market large enough for the Max 6 G2, 1/5-1/6 scales will be able to easily fit a max 5 G2. If your big 1/7-1/8 buggy needs more than a max 8 g2, there are other 8s ESC options for you to overcompensate with IMO...
This makes no sense to me tbh. If that was the case then why make the max 6 to begin with? There is already the max 5 yet most of this forum probably has some type of basher with a max 6 🤣

I definitely wouldn't be putting a max 8 g2 in a mojave or limitless

This makes no sense to me tbh. If that was the case then why make the max 6 to begin with? There is already the max 5 yet most of this forum probably has some type of basher with a max 6 🤣

I definitely wouldn't be putting a max 8 g2 in a mojave or limitless
I prefer the spektrum 160 with my dX5 for temp and voltage recognition, timing control too but we’ll see

Hell I used a max 8v3 with a custom wound 4092 and ran my record in a full blx Mojave configuration… 🤷‍♂️
It was a used max 8 ESC too, have had it geared 22/40 with gp5 diffs and it has never amp cut once. Thermal cut(220* setting) out many times bashing because of bearing seizures, “they don’t make them like they used to” 😂

23B31A50-736F-42CF-9992-050D6E6E43F0.jpeg

359A704C-28FB-444D-8DED-822634A02B6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, the Max 5 is more expensive, physically larger and heavier being designed for 12S. I just want to run 8S, which the Max8 can't do. Don't judge me on my overcompensation. :) I just want to overcompensate, not over-overcompensate with a Max5 like you suggest.

BTW, the 1/7 Limitless, Infraction and Felony are all perfect targets for the Max6 and 8S. Not everyone runs 1/8 buggies.

BTW, the 1/7 Limitless, Infraction and Felony are all perfect targets for the Max6 and 8S. Not everyone runs 1/8 buggies.
Anyone that wants a penis extension for their road buggy runs an XLX2, but they’re not exactly basher friendly 🔥

My Infraction 150A/2050 geared to 100mph is plenty bashing around on the streets, timing/punch down and RCCoolingSolution 12V motor fan for a year.

Anyone that wants a penis extension for their road buggy runs an XLX2, but they’re not exactly basher friendly 🔥

My Infraction 150A/2050 geared to 100mph is plenty bashing around on the streets, timing/punch down and RCCoolingSolution 12V motor fan for a year.
You must live in alaska :ROFLMAO:

It looks like the MAX 6 G2 isn't too far off. On the Hobbywing website I just spotted this picture for an EzRun 5690 sensored G2 motor. In the background you can see there is a MAX 6 G2 paired with this motor. Can't be long now.

View attachment 319601
We need a CSI expert to zoom and enhance the image :ROFLMAO:

Looks like an SBR in the picture. I suppose this combo would fit, but you'd be paying a lot of money for sensored capability with probably no power gain.

They did up the amperage on the Max 8 to 160. I like the sensored motor combo of the Max 8 G2. I would hope that the new Max 6 would be sensored and have a new matching sensored motor.
All the HW ESC G2's are Sensored. A big plus.
Just that many don't realize that HW already had the XR8 Plus a 6s Sensored ESC and combo and other sensored combo ESC's years past. I run them. The higher end HW ESC's. The Zerun series. Sensored obviously rules. (y)

All the HW ESC G2's are Sensored. A big plus.
Just that many don't realize that HW already had the XR8 Plus a 6s Sensored ESC and combo and other sensored combo ESC's years past. I run them. The higher end HW ESC's. The Zerun series. Sensored obviously rules. (y)
I don't think the 8bl150 or 10BL120 G2 are sensored.

Just hope it's more Amps. And can use a programming card but also the beeping sequences.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back