Does anyone offer a ceramic bearing for the 4985 1650?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ I highly doubt those are Ceramics at $1.00/each. If they are I'll buy 50 of them. :LOL:
Just plain shielded appears to be..
That's what I thought too. The ones on canada bearings are metal sheilded and ceramic for 32 bucks each. so 85 bucks to my door for 2 bearings...

I heard rubber seals on motors is bad and to stick with metal shields for the heat?
Hybrid seals are fine for motors. Rubber seal facing outside to keep dirt out and shielded side inside facing.
Why do you feel rubber sealed is no good for motors? ?‍♂️
That's what I thought too. The ones on canada bearings are metal sheilded and ceramic for 32 bucks each. so 85 bucks to my door for 2 bearings...
I would never spend that kind of money on bearings. Cost as much as the motor in some cases. Silly to me. Regular hybrid sealed bearings are fine. Sometime you get lucky and find less expensive Cerams. But most of them are just overpriced. I have a set of cheap Boca ceramics, I don't notice any big difference so far. Just basic abec 5/7 rated bearings are better than stock bearings.?‍♂️

Hybrid seals are fine for motors. Rubber seal facing outside to keep dirt out and shielded side inside facing.
Why do you feel rubber sealed is no good for motors? ?‍♂️

I would never spend that kind of money on bearings. Cost as much as the motor in some cases. Silly to me. Regular hybrid sealed bearings are fine. Sometime you get lucky and find less expensive Cerams. But most of them are just overpriced. I have a set of cheap Boca ceramics, I don't notice any big difference so far. Just basic abec 5/7 rated bearings are better than stock bearings.?‍♂️
It's not that I personally think rubber is bad, I just remember someone saying rubber shields are bad for motors due to heat. I wanted new bearings to make the motor last longer and just do some matainance so I thought why not ceramic. I know nothing about bearings realy. So I trust what you guys say and I really trust you and Slick so if you guys say they are good I'll go for them they are 35 bucks cheaper to my door. Might just order the blx bearings from them too so I can order both from one site.

In the 25+ years of buying from Boca, I would agree. Back then they were pretty much the only game in town. But some of their prices are just cost prohibitive. High end or not. They sell bearings of all types and grades, not just for RC. And they sometimes don't realize when I call them that I don't think its realistic to spend $325. on a complete set of bearings for an RC rig just because they are Cerams. That shows they are not in touch with the RC market. They do have decent bearings and great support. But now they are not the only game in town for RC bearings. Thats all. Cerams fail like the rest. Need maintenance like the rest. For off road bashing maybe not practical on many motors.

In the 25+ years of buying from Boca, I would agree. Back then they were pretty much the only game in town. But some of their prices are just cost prohibitive. High end or not. They sell bearings of all types and grades, not just for RC. And they sometimes don't realize when I call them that I don't think its realistic to spend $325. on a complete set of bearings for an RC rig just because they are Cerams. That shows they are not in touch with the RC market. They do have decent bearings and great support. But now they are not the only game in town for RC bearings. Thats all. Cerams fail like the rest. Need maintenance like the rest. For off road bashing maybe not practical on many motors.
Found some on there for the blx too. I spent a ton on my motor and setup. I don't mind spending a lil more to make it run better and longer.

I use trbrc for all my bearings, super nice guy and knows his stuff. Not just what he sells, but what models they go to ect. Motor bearings are a specific bearing made for motors, not just the right size general ceramic hybrid ect. He saved me from making a mistake on my motor rebuild and actually righted an amazon screw up of his bearings that he had nothing to do with. Can’t recommend enough.
https://trbrc.com/

Do ceramic bearings really make a difference? I really can't see the benefit for bashing. Maybe in ultra competitive situations were every little bit counts?

Do ceramic bearings really make a difference? I really can't see the benefit for bashing. Maybe in ultra competitive situations were every little bit counts?
For bashing lil to no difference. But I'm a kind of guy that says"go big or go home" so I tend to go full out.

These are the best bearings money can buy for the 4985 IMO
A8A9F69C-1B1B-4DCF-A15C-57D8990952DF.jpeg

https://www.bocabearings.com/products/smr626c-2os-7-nb2-18200

I heard rubber seals on motors is bad and to stick with metal shields for the heat?
From the description in the link.
"The removable, non-contact rubber seals results in a bearing with less drag and that requires less maintenance than a typical shielded bearing."

Ye I did a lil research. I have a set for the blx in the cart too.
Yeah sort of spendy though especially if you are doing 10 motors, 2 bearings per motor at $20 bucks a pop adds up really quick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back