Does Belted tires slow u down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spn133

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
My top speed is not what I inspected with a 20t pinion in my fazon. Does the lack of ballooning slow u down?

Yes. A larger circumference tire will cause the car to travel further on each rotation. So while the handling will be affected by ballooning tires, the speed will be increased.

Also the belted tire may weigh a bit more if not much more than your stock tires. Either way, you will be able to control the heck out of that car. I know I really like my Terrain crushers on the street, because they don't balloon. so at all time I have 3 inches of rubber on the ground at all 4 corners of the car. The stock tires balloon so bad, that at top speeds, you only have 1 inch or less of rubber on the ground.

Also the belted tire may weigh a bit more if not much more than your stock tires. Either way, you will be able to control the heck out of that car. I know I really like my Terrain crushers on the street, because they don't balloon. so at all time I have 3 inches of rubber on the ground at all 4 corners of the car. The stock tires balloon so bad, that at top speeds, you only have 1 inch or less of rubber on the ground.
Yes I do love the control aspect defenatly good for a lil parking lot drifting. But a 20t pinon topping out at 55 is sad

Yes I do love the control aspect defenatly good for a lil parking lot drifting. But a 20t pinon topping out at 55 is sad

I just picked up a set of those terrain crushers and they are pretty short at 5.5 inches. So figuring no ballooning with your gearing, the motor is spinning at 45000 rpms for 55mph. That's 3.8v/cell for the 2000kv motor, maybe the batteries are a little weak.

At 4.2v/cell you should hit 62mph. But if anything, with the setup you have now it's real easy to figure out tire diameters / ballooning. The terrain crushers at 5.5in do 55mph. Throw the stockers on there and if the speed is 70mph then those 6.5 in tires ballooned to 7.0 in.

I just picked up a set of those terrain crushers and they are pretty short at 5.5 inches. So figuring no ballooning with your gearing, the motor is spinning at 45000 rpms for 55mph. That's 3.8v/cell for the 2000kv motor, maybe the batteries are a little weak.

At 4.2v/cell you should hit 62mph. But if anything, with the setup you have now it's real easy to figure out tire diameters / ballooning. The terrain crushers at 5.5in do 55mph. Throw the stockers on there and if the speed is 70mph then those 6.5 in tires ballooned to 7.0 in.
20t pinon, two venom 3s 5000mgh 50c should put me at 70 with stock tires. And 55 with belted?

20t pinon, two venom 3s 5000mgh 50c should put me at 70 with stock tires. And 55 with belted?

It should do 70 if the stock tires balloon to 7 inches in diameter. Just realized you have a fazon not a nero. I'm not sure how tall the stock tires are. They might be shorter than the nero tires so it will be a little slower.

Even still, you should be good for at least 65 with your current setup and stock tires.

It should do 70 if the stock tires balloon to 7 inches in diameter. Just realized you have a fazon not a nero. I'm not sure how tall the stock tires are. They might be shorter than the nero tires so it will be a little slower.

Even still, you should be good for at least 65 with your current setup and stock tires.
I saw 67 with the 17t pinon online

I saw 67 with the 17t pinon online

Yeah I'm just basing that speed off a calculation from your 55mph speed. All else being equal that's where your speed should be with the stock tires.

There is potential for your combo to be faster as is but it seems like something is awry in your car. I'm just not sure what.

Yeah I'm just basing that speed off a calculation from your 55mph speed. All else being equal that's where your speed should be with the stock tires.

There is potential for your combo to be faster as is but it seems like something is awry in your car. I'm just not sure what.
There is another guy with the same setup and he's running 55. It has to be the tires or maybey the 20t pinon.

I need the proper gear set up for the belted tires. Maybey I have to change the other gear

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back