Does Castle motor wire have integrated insulation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
My motor leads are way too long. I know most motor wire is very hard to cut and resolder, due to extensive insulation throughout the wire strands.

But I think I read that Castle motor wire isn't like that and can easily be resoldered.

Can someone please confirm?

If I recall correctly.. castles once told me they are just regular wire like the battery leads. Plus I’ve shortened and re-soldered them myself without issue.

☝️ What @Hammer Down said. You can shorten and solder them without issue. As a general rule of thumb: if the wire is soft and pliable like the ones on your battery or ESC, then they're stranded copper wire. If they're really stiff, proceed with caution. More likely than not, they're the windings from the motor (TP motors are a classic example of this).

☝️ What @Hammer Down said. You can shorten and solder them without issue. As a general rule of thumb: if the wire is soft and pliable like the ones on your battery or ESC, then they're stranded copper wire. If they're really stiff, proceed with caution. More likely than not, they're the windings from the motor (TP motors are a classic example of this).
The wires on my castle MMX 8s ESC and 17171650 motor are both stranded. I did a quick search on castle's web site, but I can't find anywhere that says you can't shorten their motor wires.

The wires on my castle MMX 8s ESC and 17171650 motor are both stranded. I did a quick search on castle's web site, but I can't find anywhere that says you can't shorten their motor wires.
You can shorten or swap the wires on Castle motors all you like. Castle motors have that bridge section at the end of the can where the wires are soldered to that bridges the gap to the windings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back