Mojave Does debris get stuck in chassis easily?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collinelim

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Will be picking up a Mojave soon. Does the chassis get a lot of loose gravel, grass and dirt stuck in it? Already have a V4 Notorious and I consider the debris stuck to be very minimal.

Yes it does. I just pick mine up and shake it every few minutes.

Yes is a understatement lol
What I do now is just throw a handful of whatever surface I'll be running on in the chassis before my first pass... you know... just get it over with

Attachments

• ms-Hz7jX1.gif
    ms-Hz7jX1.gif
    657.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I just ordered a Dusty cover. I couldn’t find one here in the USA, so it’s coming from Lithuania. I have no clue how long that shipping will take.....lol

I heard that these covers can catch on fire. I'm pretty sure it was @SrC who had one go up in flames.

I heard that these covers can catch on fire. I'm pretty sure it was @SrC who had one go up in flames.

In a prior post I did say that one of my DM covers torched from electrical sparks. It was a rapid burn. The mesh cover burned completely in seconds. All that remained was the Zipper and Velcro at the chassis. It left a mess of my chassis to say the least. I have a few covers left. I don't use them anymore. They did keep dirt/debris out of the chassis, but still collects on top of it. It also contributes to much more heat at the motor and ESC. In cold ambient temps. that may not be much of an issue.
This is not urban myth. Yet, I see no one else has had this happen. I searched all over the web. The material must a be nylon based textile. It appears as such.
I emailed DMC directly months ago, they never responded. I had asked what material was used and suggested that it should be changed due to liability issues. In a closed wheel bodied rig, the concept of a cover can serve a purpose. If using one, be careful. The components on a rig are not flammable in general. ESC's and Lipos have been known to burn up.(rare) But been there.
Adding this cover changes the dynamic and increases the risk of fire. Be aware of the potential.
:cool:

Yes, If you need the XXXL (17") cover, then overseas direct is your best bet. Overseas distribution is at a standstill at present for vendors. T-Bone had them for a while and are sold out.
But, for the record. I do not recommend this cover or any cover and especially because this brand's a fire risk.
They are way overpriced for what you get. I stated other reasons above. But experience for yourself. I guess you have to own one to get the idea.
Good luck. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back