Outcast Does everybody run there sway bars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just wondering. I think it might might be better for off road use. What' everybody's opinion on keeping or leaving the sway bar??

I run my Outcast in the woods a lot. When I do, I put on a set of Big Joe tires and take my away bars off. Then it's a beast on and off the trails. :)

I ran 1 pack without the front or back on mine while testing really soft suspension settings for speed runs. It did "ok", but I noticed that if you got into the throttle too aggressively, it would twist and pull one of the front tires off the ground an inch or so and hold it there making the front diff out a little more than I wanted. Tended to wander on the top end and didn't give much in the way of confidence when pushing it.

Yeah I kinda figured it would be better for getting over poop and what not. Ill take my outcast to the track occasionally and race other outcasts or monster trucks also.

Ill pull it off and see how she handles...

Only thing I noticed is it is more prone to traction rolling without the sway bars.

I've removed mine and i'm happier without them. I do mostly tracks, trenches, run over boulders.. and ofcourse jumps. On the rare ocasions I do pavement i like steps and overall urban offroad. I think it depends on your driving style.

I am with ceolo87. Car is more stable in rough terrain without them, running heavier shock oil and springs. I will say, If I was using lighter oil and springs on smoother higher traction surfaces I would be using them. Along with an aluminum center plate. The plastic one flexes so bad it takes away about half of the sway bars stiffness.

I took mine off of my Outcast as well and I love it without them.....it handles SO much better off road (allows suspension to move completely free) and seems really stable at speed too (running stock pinion)

I didn't even think about it... no other truck I have has them. The only vehicles I ever had that had them were 1/8th buggies, which you don't really use to crawl over stuff.

I guess if they get in my way too much... I'll take them off and forget about it. lol! Then again, the outcast is the least tippy "MT" I own. My savage and 3 revo's like to roll a lot. I feel more like I have to try to roll it to get it on it's roof. Could be because I'm so used to a tippy top heavy truck that my driving style is completely geared to deal with it.

I haven't driven my savage's or revo's since I got the outcast. I'll probably spend half my day flipping them back over the next time I drive them! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back