Kraton Does it get much better than the Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just go 6s straight away as the radio that comes with the Kraton allows you to turn the power down in 3 steps..

It's a waste of time buying smaller batteries then upgrading later as you end up with small batteries that then become redundant when you get into the bigger 6s ones.

I would suggest some 6s HRB's 5000mAh good price on eBay etc and normally come with EC5 plugs or as others have stated some Turnigy's form Hobbyking..??

Aim for 50c minimum and 4000-5000mAh, you can go higher mAh but the batteries just get heavier and that's not always a good thing..

I'm in the UK too and I frequently use all of the above mentioned companies they are all good.. Modelsport though are probably one of the best companies I've ever used with incredible customer service.?

Hobbyking I believe in my opinion are untouchable for batteries this side of the pond.

Good luck.??

Nope kraton is king. Sold almost all my other rc and have 3 kratons and an outcast for the family now. I run ovonic, zeee, floreon, HRB, and hobbypower 3s lipos from 35c 4500mah to 100c 6000mah in all my kratons. Only diffrence i really notice is my single 5000mas 6s hrb never lasts as long as the 2 3s batteries. All my 3s batteries outlast the 2 6s packs i have

Those batteries have the correct connector. The problem is the C rating. The C rating tells you how many amps those batteries can safely deliver. Arrma needs 45C minimum at 5000 milliamp hour.

Using under-sized batteries can damage the batteries, and give issues with the electrical system. This is why you don't want those batteries.

Thank you for explaining that so well?. Could you either post a link or let me what are the best 2s batteries for the Kraton?

Thanks

Tony

You want to run 2x2s batteries? I would head to hobbyking.com. look for their Turnigy Graphene packs, or the Turnigy HD. Stay clear of the regular grey Turnigy packs.

Pick one with the ROAR label. This way you know it will fit. Roar is not about quality, just physical size and cell count and type. Also make sure they are 45c or better and 5000mah or better.

Do it. You won't regret it. It's a beast and tons of fun. I don't have anything negative to report. It gets used the most out of my collection.
My Kraton also gets used the most(y)
I noticed that with the included Spektrum STX2 Tx, when changing the TH LIM, brakes are disproportionate when going down from 100% to 75% and to 50%. I didn't like the brakes at all. I would leave the TH LIM at 100%. That TX was horrible for me. TH Limiting should best be implemented at the ESC itself, not at the TX. TX is flawed in many other regards. I tossed it in my RC recycle Bin.:)
Others may differ on that based on their experience at the wheel.

Last edited:
I'd go with 6s right away. Learn throttle control or stick a piece of foam behind the trigger for starters :) The Kraton is powerful but pretty easy to handle.

Here's what's available from the UK warehouse right now: 3s & 6s, unfortunately none with EC5 connectors so you're gonna need some adapters or solder the correct connectors... You can change the warehouse to EU and see what's available there.

Just to confirm as I'm a little confused! So the over lander batteries on that offer will only connect to the car with an adapter?

Secondly as I would like to find my feet first I was going to buy two 2s batteries. Would you guy's mind sending me a link to the best batteries to purchase? ( Will these batteries fit the car without the need for an adaptor?

Ps.. I have to be honest and say this is by far the best forum of any that I have ever used.!!
All of the batteries (The Overlander ones and the Turnigy all use XT-90 connectors, if oyu look at the connectors on the end of the ESC in the car you can see they are orange and are EC5 connectors. This means you will need an adapter as batteries that come with EC5 connectors are quite rare.

Is it difficult to use / install the ec5 adapter lead which comes with the package? Cheers

I've just bought a kraton from wheelspin, nice guys, made the shopping experience enjoyable, got 2 of the overlander 35c 3s batterys with it, Kraton great, batterys not so good, as said here think 35c is not enough they get very hot after use and they take ages to balance indicating to me they are not very happy! Hobbyking seems the way to go although alot of the batterys I looked at were either out of stock or in another warehouse. Just bought a turnigy 60c 4s 5000mah heavy duty battery to try.
As others said here, If you buy a battery with an xt90 connector, you will need an adaptor, Male xt90 to ec5 female. Make sure you get the Male and female part right or it will not fit!

Last edited:
I've just bought a kraton from wheelspin, nice guys, made the shopping experience enjoyable, got 2 of the overlander 35c 3s batterys with it, Kraton great, batterys not so good, as said here think 35c is not enough they get very hot after use and they take ages to balance indicating to me they are not very happy! Hobbyking seems the way to go although alot of the batterys I looked at were either out of stock or in another warehouse. Just bought a turnigy 60c 4s 5000mah heavy duty battery to try.
Forgot to mention, most of these batterys are xt90, again as said here, so you will need an adaptor, Male xt90 to ec5 female. Make sure you get the Male and female part right or it will not fit!
Just to confirm you did run the 3S batteries together for 6S running?

If you run just a single 3S they will get hot because the current draw will be excessive.

I have an overlander 4S 35c 5000mah battery which I bought from Modelsport, 35c isn’t a high discharge rating but overlander batteries are good quality and my battery performs just fine and doesn’t run hot.

Kraton is a great choice. I’m not sure your level of experience, but running any 6s Arrma will also take a lot of maintenance. Just wanted to let you know that it will take a certain level of commitment to keep everything running smooth. Make sure you have a good set of drivers, red and blue loctite, and buy a set of bearings. Heck buy 2 sets, because the stock ones aren’t as good. Spare parts bought from people who part out kits are a good practice. Me personally I don’t notice any difference running two 3s batts from running one 6s pack. In fact I started only buying 6s packs due to simplicity. Less packs, faster charge (because your only using one charge port). I buy the cheapest priced ones I can find that are at least 50c and 5000mah. I’ve used Goldbat, Zeee without issues. I was buying slightly more expensive 3s hardcase packs, but I didn’t even get 7 months out of them before they started to swell. So now I buy what I can get for a good price. For me I like the wrench time, and it’s part of the fun.

Just to confirm you did run the 3S batteries together for 6S running?

If you run just a single 3S they will get hot because the current draw will be excessive.

I have an overlander 4S 35c 5000mah battery which I bought from Modelsport, 35c isn’t a high discharge rating but overlander batteries are good quality and my battery performs just fine and doesn’t run hot.
Yeah, 6s.

Kraton is a great choice. I’m not sure your level of experience, but running any 6s Arrma will also take a lot of maintenance. Just wanted to let you know that it will take a certain level of commitment to keep everything running smooth. Make sure you have a good set of drivers, red and blue loctite, and buy a set of bearings. Heck buy 2 sets, because the stock ones aren’t as good. Spare parts bought from people who part out kits are a good practice. Me personally I don’t notice any difference running two 3s batts from running one 6s pack. In fact I started only buying 6s packs due to simplicity. Less packs, faster charge (because your only using one charge port). I buy the cheapest priced ones I can find that are at least 50c and 5000mah. I’ve used Goldbat, Zeee without issues. I was buying slightly more expensive 3s hardcase packs, but I didn’t even get 7 months out of them before they started to swell. So now I buy what I can get for a good price. For me I like the wrench time, and it’s part of the fun.
Completely agree with this. A lot of people overlook the maintenance and time aspect of these cars. They are quite complicated and high performance so require a good deal of maintenance time and tuning shocks, diffs etc

Completely agree with this. A lot of people overlook the maintenance and time aspect of these cars. They are quite complicated and high performance so require a good deal of maintenance time and tuning shocks, diffs etc

Is it remotely possible to buy a high performance rig that wouldn't need continued maintenance due to being over engineered etc? I've heard a lot of guys say they have got 1 year plus on their x maxx models running 6s. Surely there is away to upgrade things to limit continually having to repair?

Is it remotely possible to buy a high performance rig that wouldn't need continued maintenance due to being over engineered etc? I've heard a lot of guys say they have got 1 year plus on their x maxx models running 6s. Surely there is away to upgrade things to limit continually having to repair?
The closest thing to that would likely be an X-MAXX on 6S or a Tekno kit. I have had my Tekno ET48.3 for a couple months now and done very little maintenance on it and regularly run it on 6S

The Arrma cars cut corners to achieve a reasonable, mass market suitable price. The biggest corners they cut are in the quality of the driveline components and the chassis. Arrma’s are unbeatable for the price but that’s all they are.

Yes, run your 6s truck on 4s. This would be about the same as running a 8s Xmaxx on 6s.

I run my 2 6s truck on 4s, and very seldom break plastic parts. I have worn thru a few diffs, but it takes a while to wear them out. As a side note, the front end of my Kraton is starting to get a good amount of slop. Can't break the front arms on 4s, but after 3 years, they are wearing out.

V1 Kraton, baby!

Last edited:
Honestly at least with an Arrma product on 6s, you going to have to work on it. Tuning is one thing, but you will break stuff, things loosen, and bearings fail. It’s just part of it, and anyone who tells you “mine has been good for a year” is either full of crap, or they hardly use it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back