Infraction Does it matter for drag racing, opinions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
My question is does it really make a difference in drag racing if you run the motors in the front or rear and do you need front shocks.

With RWD drag rigs, the trick is to keep the nose down, when you hard pull off the line. Or you won't go straight through the trap. Wheelie bars help. But having the motor ahead of the rear axle brings the weight bias forward. Commonly done this way. Depends on the Brand and model of DR rig you have there. Torque steer upon start off the line can lift one side and throw off your traction. Shock preload/springs helps to counter this.

With 4WD dragging, (Lim chassis'), that's a whole different animal.

With RWD drag rigs, the trick is to keep the nose down, when you hard pull off the line. Or you won't go straight through the trap. Wheelie bars help. But having the motor ahead of the rear axle brings the weight bias forward. Commonly done this way. Depends on the Brand and model of DR rig you have there. Torque steer upon start off the line can lift one side and throw off your traction. Shock preload/springs helps to counter this.

With 4WD dragging, (Lim chassis'), that's a whole different animal.
The way it was set up,my front tires were not wearing down at all,went through 2 sets in the back with my twin motor limitless. I adjusted suspension and put the wheelie bar close to the ground so the front tires would actually be on the road when running. Probably too much power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back