Mojave Does it overheat in stock form m

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ho lee chit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Had a outcast and a kraton which were fine. Then came the infraction of which the esc shut down due to heat issues within 10minutes.

The Mojave is quite big with the same system so question is, will it overheat in stock form?

I've had mine overheat, lead foot in grass. Haven't had time to run much lately, but I have a heatsink/fan yet to be installed

I've had mine overheat, lead foot in grass. Haven't had time to run much lately, but I have a heatsink/fan yet to be installed
Did the esc overheat and shut down or did the motor get hot? A fan won't stop thermal shutdowns.

Isnt a fan designed to literally bring dowm temps preventing thermal shutdown?
The fan on the esc does. If the motor gets too hot the esc doesn't shut down. After all the motor doesn't have a temp sensor.

My infraction shut down after only ten minutes of driving so I'm worried the Mojave does that too.

Buying a radio for the Mojave isn't expensive, a new esc/motor is.

The fan on the esc does. If the motor gets too hot the esc doesn't shut down. After all the motor doesn't have a temp sensor.

My infraction shut down after only ten minutes of driving so I'm worried the Mojave does that too.

I will be able to get a good idea of it this weekend. Its calling for 34 celcius. Im going to monitor temps. With and without the fans on the motor.

I will be able to get a good idea of it this weekend. Its calling for 34 celcius. Im going to monitor temps. With and without the fans on the motor.
Nice! let me know how it goes. I've been eying the mojave for a while now.

Mine hasn't thermaled yet.

Remember the Mojave comes with a 16t pinion right out of the box , whereas the other 6s rigs do not ( this is how Arrma got the Mojave to be so fast box stock ) , so with that , comes along the higher motor temps , ntm if you have any sort of chassis cover ( like I do ) , you are trapping more heat under it and/or not letting sufficient air flow go thru the trucks electronics area .
I ran my Mojave on 4s non-stop in my back yard racing around and it came off with the motor temp going up to 190 !!!! Since then , I dropped down to 13t pinion and put on heat sink/fan on motor .
Summer heat/tall grass....... watch your motor temp !!!!

Nice! let me know how it goes. I've been eying the mojave for a while now.
Little update for you. Yesterday i did some tests on my mojave yesterday. It was 35 deg celcius. I have the scorched parts mudguards installed. I also removed the drivers from the rig and get a ton of air flow now. No motor fans i peaked at 168 f.... yeah racing heatsink duel fans i peaked at 122. Esc peaked 140 both times. 6s 4000 mah 60c batts.

Little update for you. Yesterday i did some tests on my mojave yesterday. It was 35 deg celcius. I have the scorched parts mudguards installed. I also removed the drivers from the rig and get a ton of air flow now. No motor fans i peaked at 168 f.... yeah racing heatsink duel fans i peaked at 122. Esc peaked 140 both times. 6s 4000 mah 60c batts.
Your battery size is wise. I see so many insist on longer run times and run oversized overweight batteries and wonder why their electrics are ruined. Having a couple smaller 4000 or 4500mah batteries and letting the rig cool between runs is key to trouble free electrics. Lighter weight, bigger gearrs, more speed...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back