Does RC cars and parts ever go on sale from the known RC sites?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutzzer

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just got into the hobby and was checking Amazon Prime days, didn't find any deals for RC cars and parts. Do they every go on sale? Ie Aarrma cars, Hobbywing motor?

Thanks!

Some times there are coupon codes. Yesterday I just got free shipping and 10% off my proline order. Horizon even will have a code now and then. I bought my Lasernut for 409$ with a code. If you deal with lhs ask if they do a cash discount. Most love cash...Before you order anything from anywhere do a google search for coupon codes.

It pays to shop around. Tower Hobbies and Horizon have sales all the time with manufacturer discounts. They also have the discount program for memberships that is great for some of their stuff. I try not to blow all of my RC wad as soon as my funds replenish so I can watch for sales on stuff I really don't need lol.

If you strictly shop Amazon, good luck finding sales. They are few and far between on RC stuff.

On ebay you will sometimes see the "Make offer" button. I smash that any time I see it. But there are also a few sellers that will send you a 10% off or so offer if you simply add the item to your cart or watch the listing and wait.

One thing to note is Tower Hobbies gives you points for every purchase, which equals out to $5.00 for each 200 points you accumulate. It's like getting a discount with every purchase.

If you want good deals on stock parts JennysRC will be your go to as you won't find cheaper prices anywhere else. For discounts or sales sometimes Amain or Tower hobbies will occasionally have parts on sale and as said above sites like Amain have monthly coupons depending how much you spend on your order. Unfortunately brands like Arrma don't allow discount coupons when buying direct from Horizon but if you buy through a different site they will allow their monthly coupons on any item.

During Black Friday, there are often a lot of deals on RC stuff on Amain. I was able to get $40 off on a Hobbywing combo last year, but there are also stuff that rarely go on sale (Castle systems, Traxxas vehicles, etc.)

Back