Kraton Does the 4s wheels fit the 6s tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Does the 3.8inch wheels from the 4s line fit the 6s tires? I need to replace a stripped backflip wheel. Arrma doesn't sell wheels seperate for the 6s line

They are a waste of money if you ask me. Its all 4 or none. From what i saw the hex might be thicker and It will push the wheel further out Than the others. I never had a problem with the 6s wheels only the outcasts ones
Its a big 100$ in my case to fix a wheel. Drilling the tires makes them worthless if you want to sell them or something happens. I think too much maybe for the future but if i had those for example on my k4s the guy buying it wont like it at all if he wants to reuse those tires on something else
Yes his invention works but at what price?

Yeah, the Backflip LP and 6S Backflips are the same wheel, just different profile tires.
Actually they aren't, they are slightly different, doubtful that it makes much of a difference though. Also the LP wheels are not vented.

20210903_235025.jpg

20210903_235016.jpg

I really wish Arrma would sell the 6s wheels and tires separate, I need new tires the wheels are just fine.

Well what a poop show arrma. They sold in the pass the rims/tires and foam seperatly now they sell everyone in 1 package and it sucks. The farm broke like cake or was it already ripped idk. This is unacceptable. I knew the 6s foams were trash compared to the black foam used on the 4s line because after 2 years on my lps the Tire still feels stiff vs my 6s who feels like theres no foam at all specially my copperhead 2 they are flat tired my servo cant turn them on the ground still. Is there a remplacement foam of better quality i can buy?
Actually they aren't, they are slightly different, doubtful that it makes much of a difference though. Also the LP wheels are not vented.

View attachment 167293

View attachment 167294

I really wish Arrma would sell the 6s wheels and tires separate, I need new tires the wheels are just fine.
In fact my wheels Are minikawas lps for the 4s

View attachment 167293

View attachment 167294

U got a fluke mine were vented lol

Well what a poop show arrma. They sold in the pass the rims/tires and foam seperatly now they sell everyone in 1 package and it sucks. The farm broke like cake or was it already ripped idk. This is unacceptable. I knew the 6s foams were trash compared to the black foam used on the 4s line because after 2 years on my lps the Tire still feels stiff vs my 6s who feels like theres no foam at all specially my copperhead 2 they are flat tired my servo cant turn them on the ground still. Is there a remplacement foam of better quality i can buy?

In fact my wheels Are minikawas lps for the 4s

U got a fluke mine were vented lol

At some point they stopped manufacturing the backflip LP's with vented wheels and vented the tire instead. I have older LP's wheels with vents and newer ones without vents.

View attachment 167293

View attachment 167294

I wonder if the difference is from when they stopped manufacturing LP's with vents in the wheels? Granted, at that point you'd think they'd switch over the 6S backflip wheels with the 4S wheels so that they don't need to make two different wheels. I'll take a look at my older LP's tomorrow with wheel vents and see if they look like the 6S ones. (If I remember to).

Is the main difference just the circle marks which I assume is how they are molded? My eyes are too tired to see anything else lol (besides vents).

At some point they stopped manufacturing the backflip LP's with vented wheels and vented the tire instead. I have older LP's wheels with vents and newer ones without vents.

I wonder if the difference is from when they stopped manufacturing LP's with vents in the wheels? Granted, at that point you'd think they'd switch over the 6S backflip wheels with the 4S wheels so that they don't need to make two different wheels. I'll take a look at my older LP's tomorrow with wheel vents and see if they look like the 6S ones. (If I remember to).

Is the main difference just the circle marks which I assume is how they are molded? My eyes are too tired to see anything else lol (besides vents).
The hex also is at a different alignment with the little recesses in the wheels, the 4s wheels actually look like they would hold up better.

The hex also is at a different alignment with the little recesses in the wheels, the 4s wheels actually look like they would hold up better.

Guess it isn't a manufacture date thing. On the left are the vented wheels and on the right the newer non-vented wheels. They are exactly the same otherwise. I cannot imagine why they make 2 different wheels for 4S and 6S tires. They seem identical. I doubt it would make any difference.

20210904_143154.jpg

Does the 3.8inch wheels from the 4s line fit the 6s tires? I need to replace a stripped backflip wheel. Arrma doesn't sell wheels seperate for the 6s line

You can always try this method from @jkflow

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/talion-exb-owners-locktite-your-wheels-asap.42020/post-580133

They don't fit this loks like traxxas junk
image.jpg
image.jpg

Guess it isn't a manufacture date thing. On the left are the vented wheels and on the right the newer non-vented wheels. They are exactly the same otherwise. I cannot imagine why they make 2 different wheels for 4S and 6S tires. They seem identical. I doubt it would make any difference.

View attachment 167358

You can always try this method from @jkflow

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/talion-exb-owners-locktite-your-wheels-asap.42020/post-580133
They don't fit

I was able to glue bakcflips lp tires on minikawa rims
Oh, those are Copperhead 2 wheels, not the 6S Backflip wheels. Yeah, Copperhead 2 wheels are a different width, sorry, I thought you were talking about 4S and 6S backflips.
From what i can see the 4s backflip wheels is the same thing they wont fit the 6s tires well that was awaste of time

Last edited:
The Backflip wheels are identical for both 6s Backflips and 4x4 Backflip Lp's.
I just checked an old blown out 6s BF wheel. It has the same lip as the 4x4 BF LP wheel pictured above.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back