Granite Does the ADS-7M steering servo work on a 4x4 Mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably will. But I would get a more powerful one. 7KG is weak IMO. If money is short and you cant go better grade brands, The ADS15 may be a better Arrma servo for your application.( 15Kg torque) I find 35 kg is a minimum on most of my rigs. Both 1/8 and 1/10. You can find even stronger metal gear ,waterproof servos On AMZ for low prices (25KG) They can be as durable if not more than the Arrma stock servos. They (Arrma's) tend to be slower responding as they are only analogue servos.
Hopefully others can chime in with their ideas.

Good luck.
Welcome to AF.:)

Edit: Here is a link to another recent thread for further servo info. Some of it may apply to your scenario.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-is-a-direct-replacement.20346/#post-278613

Last edited:
^^^ I have that Tactic 55 also. I beat the hell out of it in my TRX Crawler. Pretty durable so far (y) . I have a spare one too. It may replace a Savox 1210 that's been glitchy in my Axial Crawler.
I hate noisey whining servos that struggle to center. The potentiometers on their way out usually. Was like this when new. 2 of them. savox Wty no help. Never spending $80 on any servo again.

Last edited:
I would get the ADS-15 before I would get the ADS-7. If you want a budget servo then get a DS3218 or DS3225 servo (spend a little more for pro versions). Another brand of servos I like is the Fan Model servos (can operate at 7.4v). You can spend more and get a faster even stronger servo but in a basher some of the cheaper options are fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back