Does the Granite 2016 Mega have an aluminum motor plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfedders96

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Anyone know if the 2016 mega Granite (Black and Red) has a aluminum motor plate? I'm wanting to get one and have read that if the plate is plastic it and hold the heat in. I don't know if they made this change from 2014 to 2016 granite. Thanks,

Is the plastic motor plate on the BLS removable? I need to upgrade mine but it looks like it's a molded part of the gear box housing.

It's not removable. Why are you wanting to upgrade to metal?

Best regards,
Brian

I'm stripping spur gears. I think that plastic plate is flexing.

Id also like to Install a wheelie bar. The one I ordered doesn't fit.

Thought I'd upgrade the while thing if possible.

You may try loosening the slipper some and/or switching to the optional 32 pitch gears. I am running brushless in my Fury which has the same gearbox and found that mounting the motor with larger motor screw washers really helps. I am using two Kyosho 3x12mm washers (part #KYOFM328-2) with the correct length 3mm socket cap screws.

Best regards,
Brian

You may try loosening the slipper some and/or switching to the optional 32 pitch gears. I am running brushless in my Fury which has the same gearbox and found that mounting the motor with larger motor screw washers really helps. I am using two Kyosho 3x12mm washers (part #KYOFM328-2) with the correct length 3mm socket cap screws.

Best regards,
Brian

Thanks Brian, I'll give that a try.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back