Felony Does the higher gearing make it louder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApacheBone

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I switched out the 16 tooth pinion for the 23 tooth. Does the higher gearing make it louder? Also there’s hardly any coast at all. Almost as if some brake is being applied. Is this normal with higher gearing?

Any help will be appreciated

I switched out the 16 tooth pinion for the 23 tooth. Does the higher gearing make it louder? Also there’s hardly any coast at all. Almost as if some brake is being applied. Is this normal with higher gearing?

You've most likely set the pinion/spur mesh too tight. You need to allow a small amount of play between the two. You should hear a "tick tock" when you rock the spur back and forth

Be very careful with the 27 tooth installed if planning on speed running.. there is a chance for a thermal shutdown leaving you with no brake as there is something sketchy in the firmware of that esc..?.. just a heads up..✌

Yes, higher gearing does give a different sound and yes you have less brake.
Check your mesh like everyone suggested, adjust your brake to 100% on the ESC via programming.

Be very careful with the 27 tooth installed if planning on speed running.. there is a chance for a thermal shutdown leaving you with no brake as there is something sketchy in the firmware of that esc..?.. just a heads up..✌
Get the handbrake module as a backup ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back