Fireteam Does the Mojave EXB chassis have mount points for the E brake servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly81

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
I’m just replacing my bent up stock fire team chassis with the Mojave EXP one from Jenny’s. But while I wait for it to arrive I just was thinking, does it have mount points for the E brake servo? Has anyone done the swap who Wanted to keep the E break like I do?

I could be wrong.....
but unlike the Infr. chassis with the HB chassis mounting holes near the center diff, the FT has no holes on the chassis at the rear input cups where the FT has it's HB located.
Someone else might be able to confirm or deny this to be true???:unsure:

This below is the FT/ Mojave chassis. I don't see any additional hole for a HB. These chassis' crossover. At least Arrma shows this on their site.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/aluminum-chassis-xlwb-black/ARA320542.html
I imagine an EXB XLWB chassis would be the same, with identical holes, like the standard one.

Yet below is the EXB XLWB chassis, and does not show it to crossover to the FT?:unsure:
Only for the Mojave.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/aluminum-chassis-cnc-7075-t6-xlwb-black/ARA320610.html

I would deep six that Hand brake anyway. Unless you are completely stuck on having it. Just a novelty FWIW. Only my opinion. I would want the EXB chassis as the priority. HB is a secondary one. Not needed. EXB chassis is for big air. I doubt you will be focused on using that lame HB for big air bashing.
Again, just me.

Last edited:
Yes it's compatible. The brake assembly actually mounts to the rear assembly itself and not to the chassis plate.

Heres the part from the parts explosion. This plastic "plate" screws to the differential assembly with two horizontal screws and then the brake assembly attaches to this with screws from the top down so nothing comes up from the bottom to atatch it.

1666887915106.png

I’m just replacing my bent up stock fire team chassis with the Mojave EXP one from Jenny’s. But while I wait for it to arrive I just was thinking, does it have mount points for the E brake servo? Has anyone done the swap who Wanted to keep the E break like I do?

Probably not..
Since the Mojave didn't come with that option.
But, you can easily DIY it yourself, once the Mojave chassis arrives ,just lay the old FT chassis over it and mark the holes and drill accordingly.

Yes it's compatible. The brake assembly actually mounts to the rear assembly itself and not to the chassis plate.

Heres the part from the parts explosion. This plastic "plate" screws to the differential assembly with two horizontal screws and then the brake assembly attaches to this with screws from the top down so nothing comes up from the bottom to atatch it.

View attachment 252502
Yeah that is what I said also. The blow up diagram is clear. (y)
The FT HB is not Chassis hole dependant for mounting like the V2 Infr is.
The FT uses a specific rear modified C Block for mounting the HB.
Both EXB and standard XLWB chassis' holes are drilled out the same. No extra chassis holes are needed for a XLWB HB anyway.
You can basically put a HB on a RTR Mojave or EXB Mojave also. Just need the proper FT HB C Block to make a Hand brake mount to it.

Last edited:
Yep you guys were right - I hadn't pulled it apart or looked that closely - just assumed it was bolted down since it sits flat on the chassis. Looks like I'm good to go!

I don't the HB a ton but it is fun to mess with once in a while, and it does behave a little differently than just a power-on spin. I don't know if I'll replace it if it breaks, but for now I'll keep it. I don't bash too hard - hard enough to bend the stock chassis and towers obviously, but not enough to warrant a M2c setup I think. And the EXB was < $50 at Jennys, so might as well upgrade when I'm going to all the trouble of swapping it out (the stock one is only like $25 cheaper anyway there). I did break one support strut too so I got them from the Mojave kit too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back