Does the spectrum program card menus work with the firma 100, 120 and 130a ESC’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I have several different Arrma vehicles, running the spectrum Firma 100 amp ESC, one running the 120 amp ESC and two running the 130 amp ESC. My question is when this program card is plugged in. Will the menus all line up correctly for each ESC? at one time I thought I heard the 130 amp ESC the menus were set up correctly everything else was not. Thanks for your help.

C50447CE-6D21-4464-A078-F960B2D6C13D.png

Nice. As in it should read all menus independently? I’m pretty sure the 100 and the 120 are the same menu but the 130 is more advanced.
It should... I do not have 100 and 120 ESC. My program box reads my 130, 150, and 160 ESC each has some menu items or options a bit different from each other.

Id love one of these to really see if the myth about these ESC s only having 6.0v settings and cant be changed to 7.4v as advertised on every 3s blx car product page, manual and spektrum websites.

Id love one of these to really see if the myth about these ESC s only having 6.0v settings and cant be changed to 7.4v as advertised on every 3s blx car product page, manual and spektrum websites.
Using an up-date Spektrum program box on the Firma 130 & 150 I have no BEC option change. I do on the Firma 160 can change the BEC

Last edited:
Using an to-date Spektrum program box on the Firma 130 & 150 I have no BEC option change. I do on the Firma 160 to change the BEC
That proves why I don't like Spektrum. They still state everywhere that we can change the BEC to 7.4v on the 100A ESC all the way through their lineup.

I wonder what would happen if Id go after HH here in the UK, because this is a missold item and they re clearly lying about its capabilities. I think I will try my luck actually.

Last edited:
That proves why I don't like Spektrum. They still state everywhere that we can change the BEC to 7.4v on the 100A ESC all the way through their lineup.

I wonder what would happen if Id go after HH here in the UK, because this is a missold item and they re clearly lying about its capabilities. I think I will try my luck actually.
If the included Firma ESC manual states it has BEC volt options, I would hold HH to this. Otherwise you are SOL.
My New FT's Firma 150 states 6v and 7.4v selectability. Have yet to confirm this. I don't have a Firma Programmer. And don't plan on getting one.
I am not into the whole Spektrum Smart Firma Eco thing there. I'll use the basic "Set button" method to see.
If I spend even another nickel on anything ESC related, it will be with a HW setup. I already have a HW prog. Card and a Wifi adapter/APP to access parameters for the 6 HW ESC's I have here.

If the included Firma ESC manual states it has BEC volt options, I would hold HH to this. Otherwise you are SOL.
My New FT's Firma 150 states 6v and 7.4v selectability. Have yet to confirm this. I don't have a Firma Programmer. And don't plan on getting one.
I am not into the whole Spektrum Smart Firma Eco thing there. I'll use the basic "Set button" method to see.
If I spend even another nickel on anything ESC related, it will be with a HW setup. I already have a HW prog. Card and a Wifi adapter/APP to access parameters for the 6 HW ESC's I have here.
C'mon @SrC .. just this once with the fireteam!! Just try the firma setup a few runs!!

8cf6aa2bf33cd9e854e418d4fc49f6c7.gif

This Firma ESC is a laugh.
All that crappy 18ga Smart wires dangling throughout and the " 'Crap' Pack" zip tied to the Mains, how its all slapped together.
A nightmare waiting to happen.:LOL: It's horrible at best in execution. A liability just waiting to happen.:rolleyes: Not a wonder why many have issues.;)

20221204_112450.jpg

Last edited:
I don't agree with the manual tbh. When you buy smth you look at the product page, not the manual. The product page for Vorteks blx shows Firma 100 ESC, Firma 100 ESC shows 6.0v and 7.4v BEC voltage. But I agree I might not have much chance, since here in UK it should go through modelsport->main horizon/Spektrum partner-> horizon/spektrum.

Im fed up with Spektrum ;/

You should be able too, @parcou do you have the v2 program box and have you updated the 130a and 150a FW on those 2 esc's.. how old are they!?

My program box I would have gotten in 2020 when I got the Infraction or maybe early 2021.

Are you saying that there is a newer one that has the ability to see menu items I cannot see...like BEC settings on some of those ESC?

Normally, with the PC you can FW update the box but I have not checked for any new FW updates to the program box...unless you are saying it needs to be a v2 sort of box?

I have used the Spektrum programming box with Spektrum 100A, 130A, and 150A ESCs in both Armma and Losi vehicles. Unless the ESC has the firmware in it that allows you to change BEC voltage, you can't read the option or add the option using the programming card. Believe me, I have tried. When using the program box, you use the options and values that are contained in the manual.

Spektrum ESCs are dumbed down versions of retail Hobbywing ESCs, and as such, they are missing some of the options that are available in the equivalent retail Hobbywing ESC.

I have used the Spektrum programming box with Spektrum 100A, 130A, and 150A ESCs in both Armma and Losi vehicles. Unless the ESC has the firmware in it that allows you to change BEC voltage, you can't read the option or add the option using the programming card. Believe me, I have tried. When using the program box, you use the options and values that are contained in the manual.

Spektrum ESCs are dumbed down versions of retail Hobbywing ESCs, and as such, they are missing some of the options that are available in the equivalent retail Hobbywing ESC.
The problem is that Spektrum,Hobbywing and the cars websites which use these ESC s all advertise them with 6.0v-7.4v BEC for instance but apparently they re only 6.0v :'(

The problem is that Spektrum,Hobbywing and the cars websites which use these ESC s all advertise them with 6.0v-7.4v BEC for instance but apparently they re only 6.0v :'(
I have the Spektrum 130 in my Typhon 3s, and I believe I’m running BEC at 7.4V. And as I found out, many web sites use the manufacturers description without checking it for accuracy. They just copy it word for word.

I have the Spektrum 130 in my Typhon 3s, and I believe I’m running BEC at 7.4V. And as I found out, many web sites use the manufacturers description without checking it for accuracy. They just copy it word for word.
people here say that the first Firma ESC that allows you to set BEC to 7.4V is the 160A

people here say that the first Firma ESC that allows you to set BEC to 7.4V is the 160A
Firma 160 gets 6.0v or 8.4v as the HV BEC option. Default out the box is set to 6v. Last I read in the RTR manual. (RTR 1/5 Arrma's) Seems Retail versions of these ESC's might be different. F/W perhaps being been flashed differently, for more of a universal application. The Firma Smart Programmer just reads whatever F/W the ESC was flashed with. And it only lists what is in fact available as F/W parameters. I believe the Smart Programmer can be used to flash/update the Firma ESC's with new F/W . But I haven't seen any Surface RC Firma F/W Updates ever being available. There is much more documentation for the Air and Boat RC Spektrum ESC's regarding updates. You need the Spektrum PC software also. ( connected to the Smart programmer as the interface betwen the PC and ESC) And the Firma ESC itself needs to be "Registered" within the Spektrum Website. Much like when updating Spektrum Radio's and Rx's.
There's conflicting Spektrum literature. Has been ongoing like this since the Firma models were released. Menu line items are deleted with some of the Firma ESC's. Spektrum is horrible stuff to deal with. Especially at their pricepoint.
We learn to accept them for what they are when included with the RTR Arrma and Losi rigs.
I can't see how or why anyone would buy them specifically as upgrade ESC's. At any price. Even at a low JennysRC price. ( without any warranty)
Best to go with HW.
My Firma 150 manual included with my FT shows 6.v and 7.4 v as BEC options. Shows 7.4v as the Default value.
I have yet to check what's up with that. I tested the ESC for a Power Up and it's fine. But need to change over one ESC connector to an XT-90. What my lipos run. Then look into the parameters more.

Last edited:
Thats wrong.. you need to update your esc's @parcou .. and the 100a also of its the older version!?
Try this

I do have the v1 box, and I was on the most current 1.09 update once I tried to update. I am searching and trying to see what is the difference in the v1 and v2 boxes. If there was an option to change the BEC on the 130A firma I might get it...but from the Spektrum download for the app software they list the settings and still do not show a BEC option for the Firma 130A. No big deal, I can set the LVC which is more important to me.

Yep, @SrC right on the Firma 160A either BEC 6 or 8.4v

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 9.32.00 PM.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back