Does the spectrum program card menus work with the firma 100, 120 and 130a ESC’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So wait, this means they have 2 versions of the ESC's. One which comes w the cars and one that they just sell on its own? Because on their website it clearly says even the 100A ESC has 6.0V and 7.4V BEC

Yeah Spekrum info is all messed up. Contradictory, depending where you read it. Confusing. Probably a Marketting mistake. Engineers and Marketting teams don't usually get along. Marketting just wants to push the fluffy features. While the Enginners designed it in different ways. With Retail F/W or as a RTR ESC's.
Shows how Spektrum Co. is run as a brand. Not good..:rolleyes:

Id love one of these to really see if the myth about these ESC s only having 6.0v settings and cant be changed to 7.4v as advertised on every 3s blx car product page, manual and spektrum websites.
As far as the two BEC settings are concerned, I was able to confirm that the ready to run 100 amp ESC that comes in all the 3s BLX’s do not have that feature. However, if you purchase the same 100 amp ESC from Amazon or Horrizon Hobby or if they warranty you one and send it to you that will have the 2 BEC voltage options. I checked my vendetta that is a ready to run and that feature was not in there. However, my granite has the same ESC that was warranted through Horizon hobby, and that feature is in that one.

As far as the two BEC settings are concerned, I was able to confirm that the ready to run 100 amp ESC that comes in all the 3s BLX’s do not have that feature. However, if you purchase the same 100 amp ESC from Amazon or Horrizon Hobby or if they warranty you one and send it to you that will have the 2 BEC voltage options. I checked my vendetta that is a ready to run and that feature was not in there. However, my granite has the same ESC that was warranted through Horizon hobby, and that feature is in that one.
I noticed the manual says: SpektrumTM FIRMA ESC (SPMXSE1100CP), which has this additional CP at the end. I wonder if this is just a software lock, previous firmware or wut. 🤷‍♂️

I guess im invisible in this thread!! 🤣
👻
You re not, but the changelog has a funny bit. However now I want to get the programming card to find out the truth to be honest.

Screenshot_20221207-013235.jpg

Okay right, I might get it. The latest firmware has the 7.4v BEC option taken out for better RTR servo compatibility, so I gotta downgrade to a version where it was still changeable to 7.4v ?

Last edited:
okay, watched some different videos(@razorrc has one vid on this topic) and if I understand correctly, we gotta get a programming card and update/downgrade the ESC firmware to a version where we got the option to use 7.4V BEC voltage. This will already benefit the stock servos, because they mostly operate on 7.4V too(Spektrum S650+ line)

Ordered the programming card, will get back with more info. Arrives soon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back