Does the Traxxas law suit mean...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone has ever built a Craxxas you would see how there stuff over thought and overly complicated compared to everything else. This is done due to keep costs down with plastics. Removing a revo differential is like trying to solve the meaning of life. I will say its not a bad place to start because if you can build a craxxas you can build anything. The e revo diffs cannot handle lipo batteries. The best feature they have is the summit locking differentials done from the radio. Been a long time since I touch that brand. Never going back!

If anyone has ever built a Craxxas you would see how there stuff over thought and overly complicated compared to everything else. This is done due to keep costs down with plastics. Removing a revo differential is like trying to solve the meaning of life. I will say its not a bad place to start because if you can build a craxxas you can build anything. The e revo diffs cannot handle lipo batteries. The best feature they have is the summit locking differentials done from the radio. Been a long time since I touch that brand. Never going back!
I tore apart my Summit one time, omg. I never want to have to take that thing apart again.

Um where did you hear that Traxxas owns HPI? Because that is false HPI is owned by Ripmax.
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/article/view/2016053101

Hi

Thank you for the correction, I did not know that Traxxas had lost out to Ripmax for HPI. They were one of the companies trying to buy HPI, and I am glad they did not get there hands on HPI. I was kind of bumbed out when I read Traxxas had bought HPI.

Hi

Thank you for the correction, I did not know that Traxxas had lost out to Ripmax for HPI. They were one of the companies trying to buy HPI, and I am glad they did not get there hands on HPI. I was kind of bumbed out when I read Traxxas had bought HPI.
Traxxas was never going to buy HPI that was just a rumor.

Please, please, please may nobody ever buy a Traxxas vehicle again. As if there wasn't good enough reason before, this should seal the deal. Clearly they have no passion for the hobby, just the dollar. Good luck with that, you greedy bastards.

Oh, and while I am getting all worked up, a special thanks to the idiot judge that let Traxxas get away with this. The design that you let Traxxas call their own has been used in Formula 1 racing almost exclusively since the 70's. Fantastic work!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Agree 100% I hope someone takes Traxxas down in the future. I will never own a Traxxas RC!

IDK if this is do to the laid down shocks or with the "Diff Brain" technology/design. In either case, Traxxas needs to stop suing their competition and up their game. Make a better design, stop your bit**ing. I think Traxxas is being run by accountants now and not engineers or designers. Guess who else took this route (accountants running the business instead of engineers and designers) and have since had a horrible track record for making crappy cars compared to their competition (Japanese, Europeans)...? Detroit automobile makers. Good luck Suxx*ss.

There was a thread here that listed the issues. I don't think the canilever was actually the issue, at least not directly. on the list were "Decorative coil-over shocks", "Water proof receiver box", seems like something else, plus two issues with a Dromida Drone. One of the drone issues was LED's in the motor arms... :rolleyes:

There was a thread here that listed the issues. I don't think the canilever was actually the issue, at least not directly. on the list were "Decorative coil-over shocks", "Water proof receiver box", seems like something else, plus two issues with a Dromida Drone. One of the drone issues was LED's in the motor arms... :rolleyes:
You have to be kidding me... I hope Hobbico swallows Traxxas and rebrands them.

From the link -
"The ’886 Patent claims an “ornamental design for a vehicle mounted coil spring and shock assembly, as shown and described,”
(how are they ornamental when the body is covering them?)
“Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism for a Model Vehicle,” - i.e. the servo saver.
“Protective Enclosure for Model Vehicle,” i.e., the radio box
“Vehicle Suspension for a Model Vehicle,” i.e. the canilever

And for the Drones, (same lawsuit)
“Rotorcraft With Integrated Light Pipe Support Members,”

Also, I found this paragraph interesting -
"In the eye of an ordinary observer, giving such attention as a purchaser usually gives, the design of the vehicle-mounted coil spring and shock assembly in the Arrma Accused Products is substantially the same as the design claimed by the ’886 Patent. The resemblance is such as to deceive such an observer, inducing him to purchase one supposing it to be the other. " (emphasis added by me)

So in other words, if I walk into the hobbyshop and see an Erevo and a Nero, I will notice they both have horizontal shocks, but will not notice the Erevo looks like a plastic-craptastic, and the Nero looks quality. All I see is the shocks, plus the Nero is cheaper, so I buy the Nero.

This is worth repeating. In bold. All caps. Big font.

TRAXXAS THINKS THEIR BUYERS CANNOT TELL THE DEFERENCE BETWEEN THE NERO AND THE E-REVO.

Way to insult your consumers, Traxxas. You are losing sales because we CAN tell the difference.

The difference i see is the Nero is Hobby Grade the other looks like a plastic toy. They don't even look the same to me the Nero is it's own beast.

Does every RC truck look the same to them because they use 4 wheels to move?

Last edited:
Someone needs to destroy Suxx*ss! I will never own anything made by that company.

Hey guys I'm not a lawyer but I work in the aerospace industry and I've dealt with our patent lawyers enough to understand bits and pieces of it. I've come across with many patents where I went "how the heck did they patent something that fundamental?" patents are not always about a brand new component design (i.e. shocks), one can pursue a patent for an application of an existing idea/theory/product/etc. I can take a simple RC shock and add it to something stupid like a donut and I can patent it as long as a relevant prior art doesn't exist.
Another piece of FYI is that the US patent office used to go by the rule "first to file" but I think in the last several years it's changed to "first to claim". So a lot of smaller companies now has a better chance getting a patent if they don't have a team of lawyers to help them get the patent application submitted super fast.

Having said all that, Traxxas did pull a d**k move on Arrma. No respect for them at all but sometimes that's the reality of the business world.

Does anyone had advice on wheel tire upgrades? It seems like everything just turns into pizza cutters. I want something that improves turn radius and can hold up to the nero power. I looked at many options but I can't really afford to buy stuff just to test it out to see if it works. BTW the Nero Blx is pretty awesome. I hope to see more companies building trucks this size. We need more body options and better wheels and tires. Seems RC's are making and evolutionary jump. Tried and true set ups cannot meet the demands of the new RC's that are popping up.
1/8 1/7 1/5 scale seems to bee the ticket to drive the hobby forward.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back