Does this look like normal pinion wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
IMG_1197.JPG IMG_1206.JPG IMG_1207.JPG Does this pinion wear look normal or does it look like the pinion and spur are not square?

I can put a piece of paper between the two and there isn't any play between the two.

Looks like you might have got a clump of dirt or something small caught in there at some point, but other than that it looks good to me. And it looks like your center diff is leaking.

IMG_1221.JPG IMG_1222.JPG IMG_1223.JPG IMG_1224.JPG Thanks guys.

Well good news on the pinion but bad on the center diff leaking....glad I posted the pictures.

I think it may be excess MooSlick slinging off the spur and pinion because I did kinda of soak them...it's not too bad and not pooled up on the chassis.

If it is leaking, how do I go about fixing it? I planned on changing the fluid to 100k anyway...now would be a good time I guess.

However, I did notice a little bit of rust on that cup...what do you guys usually do there to prevent it? Seems like anything you put on would just sling off.

Oh well it could just be the mooslick.
To fix that just tighten the 4 screws holding the diff together.

It looks like you still have the stock bearings in there, I would replace them with fast eddy bearings.

I use graphite lube, like the stuff for pinewood derby cars, and it works great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back