Does this look right? Tekno Pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedy!

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I wore out the original pinion on my 6S Kraton BLX. I swapped over to EXB diffs and I might have had the center too tight, or it just wore out under normal wear. Probably had 30 packs through the vehicle. I tried replacing the pinion grub screw as I thought it had just come out, but the pinion itself was loose on the motor shaft so it had been rocking for a while.

I bought a Tekno 12t pinion to replace it however it's quite a bit different from the stock Arrma pinion. It's about half the length and there is no flat machined in it. Is that normal for a Kraton replacement pinion?

P/N is TKR4172

20220118_191402.jpg

Thanks for confirming guys. We'll see how it does. I gobbed it up with blue TL so fingers crossed. I chucked the grub screw outta the stock 12t, and then again out of the stock 16t while waiting for the Tekno so now I'm paranoid LOL.

It's a good idea to clean the set screw and pinion threads with a degreasing solvent before you apply the threadlocker as they usually come with an oil coating from the factory that will interfere with the curing of many types of TL. If you weren't doing that it might explain why the screws were backing out.

Only thing personally I would do is turn the pinion around.
I don't think the shaft is sufficiently long to get good purchase on it with the grub screw if you turn it around. I could be wrong, just looks like it from here on the pictures.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back