Infraction Does this new castle 1717 sound right???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
At the end of the rev you can hear it get quieter. It gets louder and then just kinda goes into max rpm maybe and gets quieter. Seemed like it was hitting max speed pretty quickly at only 62 mph. Stock 43t spur and 24 t pinion. Is this normal. Do I need a much bigger pinion??

Also when holding the vehicle and reving to full throttle it feels like there’s not a lot of power mid range. I’m only running 6s as of now but I don’t think that’s the problem.

Have u calibrated? Radio on, full throttle as u power on esc?

Infraction with 43/13 diff gears the top speed you'll get with that gearing and 6s is 63mph, the v2 with GP5 gears you'll get 12mph more. Definitely you'll need a bigger pinion to get more speed. The 1717 has enough torque to handle it.

It just kinda seemed like the torque was cutting out. I’ll throw a taller gear on and see what up
Have u calibrated? Radio on, full throttle as u power on esc?
Yep. A cpl times bc I thought something was wrong.

Just finisoldering some ec5’s on my 100c 4s packs. Maybe I throw these in their and see how she does :)

U got the castle link or b-link?

At the end of the rev you can hear it get quieter. It gets louder and then just kinda goes into max rpm maybe and gets quieter. Seemed like it was hitting max speed pretty quickly at only 62 mph. Stock 43t spur and 24 t pinion. Is this normal. Do I need a much bigger pinion??

Also when holding the vehicle and reving to full throttle it feels like there’s not a lot of power mid range. I’m only running 6s as of now but I don’t think that’s the problem.
You said you are running stock spur and pinion. 43/24?? That is not stock, sorry.🤷‍♂️
I think you are jumping the gun here.
Learn what you got in front of you first!
Stock spur (diff) is 46T, Stock installed pinion is 15T. The included speed gear is 25T.
So what do you really have there?
We are confused here if you are also. 🤷‍♂️

Seems like you are describing an amp drop mid run. But I won't assume further. You are very vague regarding a very technical question.

What gears are you actually running?🤷‍♂️ That's a start.
:cool:

Don’t have either link.

Im running stock spur... which I believe is 43t maybe I’m wrong, never counted. I’ve got a 34t limitless solid axel for speed runs I have not yet run. Along with the stock spur gear I’m running a 24t pinion. I wouldn’t dare run the stock 18t pinion with 1650kv. I’d be a crawler lmao!!!

Stock spur is 46t and Infraction comes with a 15&25t pinion. Kinda helps to know what your using to estimate speeds and know how fast you should be going👍 the manual is something you should definitely look at and READ maybe🤔

I
Stock spur is 46t and Infraction comes with a 15&25t pinion. Kinda helps to know what your using to estimate speeds and know how fast you should be going👍 the manual is something you should definitely look at and READ maybe🤔
Ahh. Like I said I havnt counted teeth on spur. Do you have have the v2 infraction? The v1 that I have came with 18t and 27t pinions. I’m currently running 24t bc I lowered kv.
With 6s it doesn’t seem all that but I dropped a pair of 4s packs in her and livened her up!

I read everything that came with, which consists of just the quick start guide. Is there something else I should be reading that did not come with my combo???
Thanks

You absolutely have to know the gear specs in front and center of you.
Have you heard of the "Parts" List.????
The Blow up diagram? (Arrma-RC.com) All the info on your rig is there.
You went out of your way to upgrade electrics but no clue what gears you are running out the box. What speeds are you looking for? Goal?
Above you were told you have 46/25 for the V2 . Stock speed gear. 1650kv on 6s needs taller gearing. Get a set of gears in this range. 28-30T+. Can't be cheap about that.
Your issues are because you are not following basic RC fundamentals. Use a Gear calculator. Learn what KV means in relation to Motor RPMS (target is 50k) and Volts supplied to it. There is some math involved. Or you are just spinning your wheels and going nowhere. There is a learning curve going on. And help is here. Just follow the advice above.
Do you have a temp gun? If not, get one.
An Inexpensive required tool to help with gearing changes, compared to what you have $invested$ so far. 🤷‍♂️
Just my thoughts.

I never counted or cared to bc all I did was bash it. You can get a gearing calculator to read 200mph but your not gonna hit that.
I went out for a speed run today with a 34t spool and 29t pinion. I know exactly what gears I’m running thanks. 8s I hit 95mph at barely 3/4 throttle!
Yes I have a temp gun, and yes I understand kv and gearing.
I started this thread bc I thought the motor sounded funny. Unfortunately it didnt let me post a vid

I read your first post many times. I am sure others have also.
You received information based on what you stated.
You never did speed running before, as you stated you only bash.
If you feel that a gear calculator wont work for you, you don't understand it well enough.
You are focused on what you think is the sound of the motor, yet weren't sure what gears you have as stock, because you don't think it matters for bashing.
How do you know it was the motor making a funny sound? Provide some temp readings of your ESC and motor when you observe an issue like this. If there is even any issue. It is probably just gearing. You need to specifically gear either for 6s or 8s, to flip flop back and forth, there will surely be a performance difference. It helps to determine RPM's at a certain voltage. 50K rpm's being your target at any given max voltage. But you seem averse to using a gear calculator. A gear calculator is just not for determining speed. They are not perfectly accurate for speed. But a necessary tool for other reasons.
Motors are very quiet. Try bench testing a motor off the rig disconnected from your drivetrain.
They don't generate the sound you hear when running, the gears and drivetrain generate the sounds you hear.
Performance determines if a motor is running fine. Not it's sound.
Volts x Kv's =Rpms. You need to start there. Then gearing will fall into place.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back