Does this sound right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cereal_killer

Bash/Break/Fix/REPEAT 🤣
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
Starting of with I know how to mesh and ect. But for some reason I just don't feel like it's right. Pushing it. You feel every click. I'll go through it again.. inputs welcome.

Video one first adjustment.
Second adjustment

Nothing wrong with that mesh.
Little tooth chatter as she spins with the decent magnets in that motor.

That is not how you can tell mesh, the clicking is the motor itself. The rotor magnets create this clicking sound.

Hold one gear (pinion or center diff) and wiggle the other, when you barely hear the teeth shattering you have good mesh. Do this in all 4 quadrants. You will find that it's not equal in all positions, find the best solution i.e. not binding and not too loose in all 4 positions.

When rolling it seems fine and normal. Mesh could be better maybe.
Lift the rig in a stand and rock the spur so the pinion stays Still when you do this. I always slam the mesh tight, then back off for a tick of backlash. Like @jkflow stated above, check all positions of spur rotation. Some spurs are not perfect and there can be a high spot somewhere in its rotation. That high spot is where you should align the mesh. But is trial and error for the most part. Rotate every position of the spur checking for a good tick of backlash.
I tend to like my mesh as tight as possible without the gears binding up. Always the slightest tick of play affords the Least amount of noise and gear wear. After a while you can learn to hear the sound and know when it is too loose. I like mine to buzz rather than clatter. Mesh will equate to a certain sound at some point.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back