Kraton Does V4 Kraton need to be Shimmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T4H1T1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if the new Kraton 6s V4 also needs to be shimmed. Again I’m new please go easy on me. I’m also wondering if changing diff viscosity is beneficial for my style which is not really bashing but just playing around in a park maybe small jumps here and there but not racing either.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if the new Kraton 6s V4 also needs to be shimmed. Again I’m new please go easy on me. I’m also wondering if changing diff viscosity is beneficial for my style which is not really bashing but just playing around in a park maybe small jumps here and there but not racing either.
I would buy some Mugen E0206 shims and use them behind the pins. These are wider than stock shims and support the sun gear better. Also need the Kyosho shims for the ring gear side bearing when putting the diff back in the case.

I would buy some Mugen E0206 shims and use them behind the pins. These are wider than stock shims and support the sun gear better. Also need the Kyosho shims for the ring gear side bearing when putting the diff back in the

ok thanks I really appreciate that. Just so I’m 100% sure I’m getting the write part, it it cool if you post the link to those I need? Also is it a necessity to shim them or can it wait? I literally just got the Kraton. I’m installed the crcu parts before running it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back