Dog Bone does not fit (picture added)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willl

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Was looking over my Typhon S6 V5 the other day and the dog bone that runs between the center diff and front diff spun unevenly, like it was bent

So I order a set of bones from Jenny's and set out to replace the dog bone

I removed the center diff and went to place the new dog bone in the front diff and it would not fit (does not fit the center diff either)

Ended up removing the front end to get a better look

Sure enough, the new dog bone from Jenny's would not go into the sleeve without a little force and once in the sleeve the bone would not move around freely

I placed the old dog bone in the sleeve easily with no binding (I have around 25 runs on the car)

I took my micrometer out to compare the new vs. old, the pins were all within .001" of each other, I measured the bone ends with the same results

Puzzled on why (where) the new dog bones are not fitting

Thoughts?

Update

I pulled out a couple of other dog bones that were in the package I received from Jenny's and they fit perfect

I must have gotten a bad one, I just can't figure out where on the dog bone that is not fitting

Sounds like maybe you had a rear driveshaft dogbone the first time. One of the Knuckles is larger on those. Unlike the centers which are symmetrical

Might want to take a good look at your cup i.e. where you insert the dogbone.
Always possible that you goot a badly manufactured one but JennyRC just pulls them out of build up rigs i.e. it worked before.

Sounds like maybe you had a rear driveshaft dogbone the first time. One of the Knuckles is larger on those. Unlike the centers which are symmetrical
The front center dog bone is longer than all the other dog bones, so I have the correct dog bone

The rear center dog bone is shorter than the front center dog bone but the same size ends, it fits perfect but of course too short
Might want to take a good look at your cup i.e. where you insert the dogbone.
Always possible that you goot a badly manufactured one but JennyRC just pulls them out of build up rigs i.e. it worked before.
Yes, I have a badly made dog bone, not sure where I need to file down the bone to make it work or if I should see if Jenny's would send me another one
Was hoping someone else has run into this problem before

If someone had run this dog bone in their new car it would not have ended well

Last edited:
If you have a vise, use a socket and try to press it in, you need to press against a flat surface on the pin. Socket to support the side you are pushing into.
Of course you can return it or buy a proper pin press tool.

If you have a vise, use a socket and try to press it in, you need to press against a flat surface on the pin. Socket to support the side you are pushing into.
Of course you can return it or buy a proper pin press tool.
The holes at the end of the dog bone are both off center, with new pins I would still have the same problem :(

I could shave the wide side of the ball end down and get it to fit in the sleeve but my driveline would not run true and would make a mess of my cups, bearings and probable front and center diff given enough time

A new dog bone is on the way courtesy of Jenny's RC https://jennysrc.com/ :cool:

Jenny's RC did Arrma and a Consumer a favor by taking that car off the streets

Would be interesting to see what damage would have been done to that car after a few runs

Do you have a picture of this one? That's almost like a 🦄.

rainbow unicorn GIF by Trolli

I thought about taking a picture of it of a few days ago to post but I knew it would be a hard photo to capture so I didn't

Since you asked, I will give it a go

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back