Talion Dog bones pop out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modawg

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I picked up aTalion a while back, sometimes the dog bones pop out, what is the best fix?

Take the shims/spacers out between pillow ball and arm, do this on upper and lower arm.
Will reduce this issue significantly. Just do it equally on both sides.

another thing to look at is your droop screws on your lower A arms. I don't know the exact procedure to set them but I'm sure the info is here on this forum. I pick the nose up and push my A arms down watching the dog bone move in the cup to make sure it's not close to falling out. if it is I screw the droop screw in some, if I remember right you have to remove the upper A arm pin to get to it.

good luck !

Look for the droop screws its the screw that help your limit the travel of the arms if set too low it can cause the arms to over extend and pop out the dog bone and can also break your shock rod endnother common issue just tighten the droop screws on the arm to the point you have to slightly compress the shock to put it into place

Droop screw prevent the shock rods from ripping,they won't help with popping the dogbones. The dogbones will pop out in upmost extension (almost full shock compression) aka a messed up landing on one wheel or similar. Same is true on Kraton etc.

Droop screws are important as well and easy to set, Youtube is your friend.

#1 fix, don't have messy landings :p but easier said than done.

Droop screw prevent the shock rods from ripping,they won't help with popping the dogbones. The dogbones will pop out in upmost extension (almost full shock compression) aka a messed up landing on one wheel or similar. Same is true on Kraton etc.

Droop screws are important as well and easy to set, Youtube is your friend.

#1 fix, don't have messy landings :p but easier said than done.
I disagree i have dogbone driveshafts on one rc and when the arms were too much down the car would handle like complete poop after i have put droop screws and adjusted the suspension car was running smootly over extension in a dogbone is possible if the angle is too high

Yes - droop has to be adjusted, no question.
On the Talion, the shocks limit the down travel and the dogbones won't come out unless the rod ends split open.
I only had them fly out when I extreme 'up' flex.

Not disagreeing that it is different on almost every car type.
FYI:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/driveshaft-keeps-popping-out.20202/

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back