Outcast Dog Bones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
They are showing some signs of wear...should I replace, or still get some more mileage out of these??
This is on 4S...kinda surprised they have ground down so quickly.o_O
Worried about messing up the drive cups because the fit is no longer as snug...

IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0886.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG

Last edited:
They are showing some signs of wear...should I replace, or still get some more mileage out of these??
This is on 4S...kinda surprised they have ground down so quickly.o_O
Worries about messing up the drive cups because the fit is no longer as snug...

View attachment 9477 View attachment 9478 View attachment 9479
My dogbone pins have wear too. I've used a dab of Mobile 1 or other synthetic heavy duty grease to slow wear down. I've also used Blaster Graphite Dry lubricant spray. Some people run them dry or use WD-40. It's normal for the pins to flatten over time, so long as they aren't catching or sticking in the cups during suspension travel. Up to you on when to replace pins or entire dog bones.

Replace the pins? Did not know that was an option...seems like they are fused in there?
Are the pins orderable separately? The shafts are perfect...so if I could replace the pins alone that would be ideal.

Replace the pins? Did not know that was an option...seems like they are fused in there?
Are the pins orderable separately? The shafts are perfect...so if I could replace the pins alone that would be ideal.
Never done it myself, remember Vanning or someone else saying that was an option, might do a search or PM him.

Just seen mine too. I sprayed the quick dry silicone wd40 but I guess it's inevitable. Any luck on changing pin? Anyone know of a direct fit upgrade from another rc?
IMG_2824.PNG

You can change the pin but you need a press or vice to get them out and install them. You need to get pins of the exact same diameter so they don't slip out or split the bone. Personally I would swap those bones left to right so that the acceleration wears the other side of the pin and continue to run them.

Flip them around and wear the other side out before replacing. They wear more in forward than reverse, so you can almost double the life by flipping them.

Of course you don't want them to get too thin, though, because they'll just break.

Flip them around and wear the other side out before replacing. They wear more in forward than reverse, so you can almost double the life by flipping them.

Of course you don't want them to get too thin, though, because they'll just break.
I don't remember what side went were lol. I noticed the wear as I was cleaning them. I'll need to do what I can to extend the life of them since they are back ordered.

I don't remember what side went were lol. I noticed the wear as I was cleaning them. I'll need to do what I can to extend the life of them since they are back ordered.
Just check the rotation of the diff when going forward and put the fresh side of the dogbone so it presses against the cup. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back