dogbones pop out on hard crashes/cartwheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slothkigg

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
anyone else have the dogbones that like to eject on really hard impacts? ive had it happen with crazy cartwheels and very harsh landings in the past. also it seems like theres a wee bit of play between the dogbones and the diff cups... anyone else notice/have these issues and figure out how remedy them?

@slothkigg
Hpi #101235- 6x83mm dogbones will fix the issue your having. I've been using them for months now.
Hope this helps....

Thanks guys never had this problem until recently. Wondering if my diff cups are going as well? Maybe a combo of the two exaggerates the dogbone issues. Anyhow I'll order up some hpi 83mm's

Mine started doing this and I noticed my cup orings are toast. I haven't verified yet, but I think it is pretty likely the culprit. Another thing of note, my cups are getting torn up in the meantime and the out drive side is on backorder until winter of 2034 (or something ;)).

Mine started doing this and I noticed my cup orings are toast. I haven't verified yet, but I think it is pretty likely the culprit. Another thing of note, my cups are getting torn up in the meantime and the out drive side is on backorder until winter of 2034 (or something ;)).
Bahahaha I know right lol

I have my hpi dog bones coming next week Woohoo! And another hinge pin brace. I drove with a bent hinge pin for awhile and ended up warping the one side so the hole stretched.:eek:

Just pop off the turn buckle, then fold the wheel down a bit. Fit it hack in and pop the turnbuckle back on

The turnbuckle adjusts your camber on your tire for handling. its the only part You don't have to take screws out to get off besides the turnbuckles. Just grab a pair of pliars and pop it off. It has two plastic ends and a silver threaded piece in between them. One attaches to the truck and one to your hub carrier. There's a little ball inside that it's just pops on and off of.

No worries dude we all had to learn at some point :) have fun!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back