Kraton Doing some de-anodizing! Looking good so far!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

Chasing down triple digits
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 3s
202B2B3E-782E-456E-B555-6D15AD89AB5F.jpeg

Looks good (y)

What method did you use?
Easy off in the yellow can. I tried the blue can and it took forever and really didn’t get it all the way off. But the Yellow can only takes a couple minutes.

Looking good!
If the parts are anodized aluminum a solution of water and Drano Crystals does wonders on stripping the ano off, did a bunch of mountainbike parts in the past, leaves a nice clean color as well. It will take about .0003-.0005" of material away if you are worried about tolerances.

Easy off in the yellow can. I tried the blue can and it took forever and really didn’t get it all the way off. But the Yellow can only takes a couple minutes.
Yep, the fume free version doesn't work.
Looking good!
If the parts are anodized aluminum a solution of water and Drano Crystals does wonders on stripping the ano off, did a bunch of mountainbike parts in the past, leaves a nice clean color as well. It will take about .0003-.0005" of material away if you are worried about tolerances.
I'm guessing Drano is very similar to this. I've already de-anodized some pieces with Easy Off, but this looks like it works better

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back