Typhon Doing some minor upgrades to my 3s Typhon!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Just upgraded my plastic ARRMA 3s Typhon BLX Shocks to the 6s #Typhon shock that I scored today from Jennys RC!
I got pretty lucky but I have been checking every morning when I wake up for work at 5:30 am and finally got a set for my 3s Typhon.
After I change the Pinion and get a new motor my Typhon will be off the charts.

1585147201322.png

Platlines 17 hex wheels.jpeg

Those large tires are going to make that things a wheelie machine. Look good tho.

How do you like the Street tires? I love my All Terrian on my v3 Kraton!
They suck honestly. No traction going forward. They might as well be slicks. And if you get any grip at all, it’s an instant backflip due to diameter. I also have a set of the 2.8 Road Rage and they don’t produce backflips, but they are also like driving on ice.

Hey Uplift,

I noticed you've tried on a bunch of different tires. I'm looking for a set outside of the stock for pavement and short grass. I'm also getting an 18T pinion. Any suggestions?

The best I’ve found so far for street and short grass use would be the MX28 Badlands. Make sure to vent them. They have lasted me quite a long time under very hard use, streets included.

The best I’ve found so far for street and short grass use would be the MX28 Badlands. Make sure to vent them. They have lasted me quite a long time under very hard use, streets included.
Hey jondilly,

Thanks for the suggestion. i'm looking to grab those Badlands, which hex extenders did you buy for those to fit? From my research it looks like extenders are needed on the 3s so the Badlands don't rub.

Thanks in advance

Hey jondilly,

Thanks for the suggestion. i'm looking to grab those Badlands, which hex extenders did you buy for those to fit? From my research it looks like extenders are needed on the 3s so the Badlands don't rub.

Thanks in advance
Hot Racing 17mm x 10mm offset hexes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back