Don’t bother pre-ordering, does no good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
So this might be silly to some but it’s got me quite irritated.

I ordered my kraton EXB when it very first dropped on horizon hobby’s website... literally within a couple hours.

Then I start seeing people pick these things up all over the place with “available stock” at their local hobby shop.

Then I see people start getting them on YouTube.. that ordered them a week after they announced and had them available..

Example:

The very first thing out of this dude’s mouth is how he waited a week to pre-order... he is in the states ... I am in the states... how did this happen?

Do they seriously have no loyalty to their customers out there who jumped on all this stuff?

I feel silly complaining about this because some people in other parts of the world won’t get theirs till aug or so. So I apologize to those folks if I seem a little out of tone..

But really Horizon? Really?

Did you have absolutely no organization to who got their cars first? Does it not matter who paid their money first and got their order in? Isn’t this this ENTIRE POINT of a pre-order? Getting it before EVERYONE else does? (In the states)

Sorry for ranting but this just seems like a slap in the face to all of us loyal customer who are good little boys or girls and put their pre-orders in only to realize it did no good ?

They had issues running credit cards just before shipping....loads of people were getting emails from HH about it.

They had to call in or email back saying to re-run the card....maybe they didnt get the email to you?

I was one of those people that got that stupid email about the credit card info, (this was another problem of Horizon’s not on us the customers). I spent 2 hours on the phone getting it fixed(while others simply emailed back, would have been nice to know this was an option, maybe they should have put that in the email maybe?) oh and by the way, a lot of those poor people who sat on the phone for hours didn’t even get to update their card because THAT system went down too. How much fail in one situation can one company have ? For all those people who’s orders didn’t come through and they had to re-process them... those customers should have been expedited since they had already been inconvenienced already. But instead we get the opposite treatment. For instance my case, where they shipped from Illinois to get my exb to me here in WA. When they have a warehouse in California that could have had it to me in a day and a half...

Why don’t I goto my local hobby shop? Cause they’ve shipped my exb (I think the slowest method and furthest away from me they could for some reason.) so now I just wait.

I don’t mean to complain I really don’t. I love arrma products (obviously, I’ve been selling my brand X crap faster than you can say holly crap trying to get all this new arrma stuff) but for snags like this it really puts me off on the whole pre-order thing and I wanted everyone to be aware that this was happening so maybe they can hold off on their pre-orders and maybe get their new arrma’s first too!

Happy bashing everyone, hope y’all have a good weekend

I don’t blame you for being irritated, I would be too
You were near the front of the line but getting your stuff after Johny come lately.
And they don’t care. They’ve got your money and no matter how crappy the service your still going to buy the Exb. Even if you went to LHS horizon is still making money off you.

Last edited:
They blame everything on covid and I mean everything.

I bought my limitless from amain and paid extra for 1 day shipping and haven't even got it yet. When I get regular shipping or free shipping it is always on time I called and they said it is because of covid and we are sorry we can't refund your money for the extra shipping.

So yeah, next time when you get in trouble or speeding ticket just tell the cop it was because of covid I was speeding. Seem to be the new excuse going around right now.

This is what's happening to me.

Anyone ever go to McDonald's and order in the drive thru but something you want isn't ready yet, so they tell you to pull forward and wait off to the side until they finish making it. Then you wait and wait watching car after car behind you get their orders before you. Then after waiting for what seems like forever you get annoyed and are about to go inside to raise some hell but then someone finally comes out and says "Sorry for the wait, we lost track and forgot you were waiting"

This feels JUST like that, lmao *dies inside*

They blame everything on covid and I mean everything.

I bought my limitless from amain and paid extra for 1 day shipping and haven't even got it yet. When I get regular shipping or free shipping it is always on time I called and they said it is because of covid and we are sorry we can't refund your money for the extra shipping.

So yeah, next time when you get in trouble or speeding ticket just tell the cop it was because of covid I was speeding. Seem to be the new excuse going around right now.
Pretty ridiculous, but that cop thing?? I’m totally using that. Haha

Anyone ever go to McDonald's and order in the drive thru but something you want isn't ready yet, so they tell you to pull forward and wait off to the side until they finish making it. Then you wait and wait watching car after car behind you get their orders before you. Then after waiting for what seems like forever you get annoyed and are about to go inside to raise some hell but then someone finally comes out and says "Sorry for the wait, we lost track and forgot you were waiting"

YES! This!!!

Long story short,
Sounds like they don't give a ???..
You think you have it bad, try living in England and wanting anything Arrma..?? I'm still looking at the end of August..?

I preordered from Amain. Order was stuck on wainting for stock. They kept giving me the same estimates as whats on their website. Horizon website this morning said it was in stock. Canceled Amain and placed with Horizon.

My orders from A main usually show up sooner than the estimated delivery date.
However the one I just placed Thursday shows it still hasn’t shipped.
I was once asked to leave a restaurant because people who had been seated thirty minutes after me got their food before me and we hadn’t even put our order in yet. I let the manager know I wasn’t happy.

I think that my LHS is going to have the O8S before I get mine pre ordered. I totally believe that. That guy is good.

I feel your pain rcproponent, im in the same boat. Im waiting on the pre order from amain and im on the list at 3 different lhs here in chicago...lol:D

I feel your pain rcproponent, im in the same boat. Im waiting on the pre order from amain and im on the list at 3 different lhs here in chicago...lol:D
Thanks for the update on the local scene! I'll bet my Horizon order does not move until someone in Champaign gets to the office at 8am Monday. Somehow I feel like it will get to chicagoland quicker than the Amain i canceled when I saw it was in stock.

Have you ever gone back to that same McDonald's later in the day and put in a manageable custom order only to drive off when it's your turn to pay? Yeah, I'm that guy...

I've never had to be the " first " one to have one , all the You tube stars are gonna have theirs long before it is even announced , and the first day it is announced , dozens of unboxing videos and first runs are posted . I never buy/bought a kit or RTR from any online venue , always buy right from my LHS , I race there , and support there , hence why he always hooks me up when I do but my kits / RTR's .
I tell him what I want , when they arrive one goes aside for me , it comes in and I go pick it up . I know just by what I see this Kraton EXB is gonna be great and while I want one , I am curious of what is coming out very soon as to the leak so I am gonna wait and see what it is it/they are as it might be even a better option !!!!!

Looked online at the Rockford IL location but says out of stock..have one on order from St Charles location but they won't have any til August :cry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back