Don’t bother pre-ordering, does no good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one in Schaumburg sucks if they are even still open. I have been to the one in Stcharles it is a good one. Thanks gotnitro I will check out the one in Rockford soon.

Looked online at the Rockford IL location but says out of stock..have one on order from St Charles location but they won't have any til August :cry:

Call the store. Sometimes he's got things in stock that don't show up on his web site yet. I love this joint, he carries all the Castle, all the HW systems in stock at all times (if they are available from manufacturers) and they are typically a bit less than ordering online.

The St Charles and Schaumburg joints are the same owner. Orland Park stocks lots of the good :poop: too. Northbrook, forgetaboutit..

Extremely unfortunate for you @Rcproponent . I suppose LHS' have standing agreements with HH and are authorised retailers, so they will get first preference. Still, it sucks to pay some coin and not get stuff. Best not to pre-order from HH, going through your LHS, pre-ordering through them, might be the way forward

We had the same exact experience @Rcproponent. I ordered by 7:15am on the announcement morning on HH thinking that would be the best chance of getting it as early as possible. Also checked with my LHS that same day to see how many they were getting, in case I decided to cancel the HH preorder. LHS said zero. They don’t plan to ever stock the EXB. Never.

Add insult to injury, they finally ship my EXB to Ohio from their CA warehouse instead of the IL warehouse, adding three more days of delay.

There was still some issue with billing as well as they ran my card a week ago when I replied to the CC email. Then that charge disappeared a few days later. Then the product shipped. And a few days later the charge is back. Very strange. I don’t mind paying for what I ordered, but this whole ordeal has turned me off of buying direct ever again. I might just have to start driving to an LHS that gives a F&$@!

We had the same exact experience @Rcproponent. I ordered by 7:15am on the announcement morning on HH thinking that would be the best chance of getting it as early as possible. Also checked with my LHS that same day to see how many they were getting, in case I decided to cancel the HH preorder. LHS said zero. They don’t plan to ever stock the EXB. Never.

Add insult to injury, they finally ship my EXB to Ohio from their CA warehouse instead of the IL warehouse, adding three more days of delay.

There was still some issue with billing as well as they ran my card a week ago when I replied to the CC email. Then that charge disappeared a few days later. Then the product shipped. And a few days later the charge is back. Very strange. I don’t mind paying for what I ordered, but this whole ordeal has turned me off of buying direct ever again. I might just have to start driving to an LHS that gives a F&$@!
Yes sir, my thoughts exactly... I did look.. it wasn’t your name on my exb package ??..

In the same boat ordered and paid for an Infraction 6 weeks ago, July 27th came and went called my hobbytown their closed for 2 weeks. No email blast no communication of any kind. A sign was on the door.Someone tested for covid is my guess. But from other websites the date was pushed to Aug 20th. The waiting game. And not knowing. The shop told me they expected it in before the 27th....:(

How many of your LHS jacked the price of the EXB cause you couldn’t get it online but they had it. I have a guess but I will hang up and listen.

Long story short,
Sounds like they don't give a ???..
You think you have it bad, try living in England and wanting anything Arrma..?? I'm still looking at the end of August..?
Local hobby shop here in the UK doesn’t even get a look in when stock arrives - the large dealerships get all the stock leaving the smaller independents scraps, I’ve had 3 x different trucks I had on preorder with him and on delivery day he would be gutted to let me down as I would have to go elsewhere!

hoping that when/if infractions eventually ever land here I’ll be able to get from him....was July, August and now I’m hearing whispers it might be September ?

at this point I will not order anything. I'll keep track with my Store, Hobby Haven. If I want it and they have it in stock I'' pay for it and when we make that 75 mile each way trip into town either finish paying or pick it up. I'm not a patient person by any means, I just refuse to let something like that with that kind of Cash layout be held up by USPS, UPS or FedEx. More worth it to me that way. Waiting for the Infraction 2 to hit and then pulling the trigger on it for sure. I may be 58 but my blood gets real warm when I think about putting that on the Street and letting it rip.

After watching how Amain does their inventory I wasn't to hot that Horizon Hobby was going to be any better when ordering product OOS/PreOrder.

LHS got a stock of these in and sold them all, they finally got a few Outcast 8S in also (all spoken for but two).
What's funny is how they have all the 3S V3 on order but NONE of them have shown up and only the Mega versions have.
They put in initial order of two Felony's and two Infractions in their newest colorway too atm and has been given till end of this month before they get there examples in.

Feel bad for my LHS who seems to not do enough business in the eyes of their distributor as they never get even store display models. Watching these youtubers like Drift and RazorRC who did a collab showing off the stores display model of the Felony and Hoss.
How many of your LHS jacked the price of the EXB cause you couldn’t get it online but they had it. I have a guess but I will hang up and listen.

My LHS sells everything at MSRP.

My LHS ordered 10 O8S and only recieved 4. They all sold immediately. I snatched up one of them. And no, he didn't jack up the price because he's a good man. Here in San Antonio TX.

My LHS that told me weren’t getting an EXB or anything new, I stopped in today and they have tons of rigs in stock.

1-EXB
OC8S
K8S
K4S
Tons of Mega V3s, Senton, Granite, and Typhon
And some others, I think a blue Noto maybe an OC6S?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back