Granite Done! The all road Granite is complete!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Castle Creations comes through! Notorious J Motorworks parts truck bringing in a heavy load 💪💪
20210715_195938-02.jpeg

So after an attempt to do a 6s run with the larger Felony Hoons, I regret to inform that another classic BLX 185 has made its way to esc heaven. No time wasted getting the new MM2 in. Will not be running the big tires again.
20210725_214343.jpg

Last edited:
Man am I pissed. First attempt at trying the rebuilt MM2 from Castle after waiting months for it to be returned and it shuts down almost instantly. One quick pass at under 70 mph and now it only turns on for about a second and a half. Gonna be an interesting call to Castle tomorrow.

Man am I pissed. First attempt at trying the rebuilt MM2 from Castle after waiting months for it to be returned and it shuts down almost instantly. One quick pass at under 70 mph and now it only turns on for about a second and a half. Gonna be an interesting call to Castle tomorrow.
Damn man what the hell has been going on lately with Castle? That really sucks I'd be so pissed, just like the motor I got back and couldn't use😠

Yeah that…sux. And going through the process of rectifyin also sucks. All I know is that the effort is worth it… to me at least lol.

Ok. It turns out I may have just fried the on/off switch. While on the phone with them this morning, I proceeded to cut the switch off and tie the two wires together. Esc turned on and stayed on. This is while not connected to anything else other than a battery, but at least we know it powers up. On that note, they did not like to hear that I am running their esc's with the gearing/motor combos I've chosen to run. Seems that all the amazing headway everyone is making with incredible top speeds, is going against what Castle had intended when they build them. He even remarked that my 29/34 gearing on the 2050kv motor in my Typhon 6s was too much for the MMX8S that's in it. So what happens when I throw the new 4070 2250 TP Power in? I'm a little confused about the whole thing, but I do know one thing. The MM2 is only going to be allowed in the bashers now, and never gonna see a speed run again.

Ok. It turns out I may have just fried the on/off switch. While on the phone with them this morning, I proceeded to cut the switch off and tie the two wires together. Esc turned on and stayed on. This is while not connected to anything else other than a battery, but at least we know it powers up. On that note, they did not like to hear that I am running their esc's with the gearing/motor combos I've chosen to run. Seems that all the amazing headway everyone is making with incredible top speeds, is going against what Castle had intended when they build them. He even remarked that my 29/34 gearing on the 2050kv motor in my Typhon 6s was too much for the MMX8S that's in it. So what happens when I throw the new 4070 2250 TP Power in? I'm a little confused about the whole thing, but I do know one thing. The MM2 is only going to be allowed in the bashers now, and never gonna see a speed run again.
See and I got told almost same thing my setup was geared for 130+mph on 6s blah blah blah and it's not made for speed runs or drag runs. I wish it would do 130🤣 best I pulled on quoted 130mph gearing was 111 on 6s. Also rediculas as even Castle states their products are made to hold up to the extreme and for speed runs etc but then when it is faulty or gets damaged all of a sudden no it's not made for that use? But then also they have speed runners beta test their products like Raz for example with the XLX2 but again want to turn around and say no it's not made for that use. I get not wanting to cover warranty for products that yes were in fact abused Or not installed correctly etc but when it's a brand new item with use in their quoted ability there should be no questions asked and product either fully replaced or fixed correctly as their warranty states. Also makes no sense to me another member had an older 1717 with lots of use that they sent in and got sent a brand new replacement, but mine is 2 weeks old and they send it to me with used damaged parts instead? Unfortunately it has gotten worse and worse and unfortunately us speed runners don't have another option for at least ESC's that will perform up to the task like Castle does so we are stuck. I just hope I get my damn motor either fully replaced or fixed with a NEW rotor so I can be done with it as I'm tired of waiting and pissed I paid almost $200 for a motor that was damaged after 4 4s passes in the 80s and one 111mph 6s pass and then they can't follow or hold up to their own warranty guarantee.

Last edited:
See and I got told almost same thing my setup was geared for 130+mph on 6s blah blah blah and it's not made for speed runs or drag runs. I wish it would do 130🤣 best I pulled on quoted 130mph gearing was 111 on 6s. Also rediculas as even Castle states their products are made to hold up to the extreme and for speed runs etc but then when it is faulty or gets damaged all of a sudden no it's not made for that use? But then also they have speed runners beta test their products like Raz for example with the XLX2 but again want to turn around and say no it's not made for that use. I get not wanting to cover warranty for products that yes we're in fact abused Or not installed correctly etc but when it's a brand new item with use in their quoted ability there should be no questions asked and product either fully replaced or fixed correctly as their warranty states. Also makes no sense to me another member had an older 1717 with lots of use that they sent in and got sent a brand new replacement, but mine is 2 weeks old and they send it to me with used damaged parts instead? Unfortunately it has gotten worse and worse and unfortunately us speed runners don't have another option for at least ESC's that will perform up to the task like Castle does so we are stuck. I just hope I get my damn motor either fully replaced or fixed with a NEW rotor so I can be done with it as I'm tired of waiting and pissed I paid almost $200 for a motor that was damaged after 4 4s passes in the 80s and one 111mph 6s pass and then they can't follow or hold up to their own warranty guarantee.
Castle sucks in their product support it seems. Considering that product support is one of the most important things to me… I will not be getting anything made by castle. This is not the first time I’ve heard of castle difficulties in backing their own product. Sounds like they are aware of their products shortcomings and simply don’t want to be responsible.

See and I got told almost same thing my setup was geared for 130+mph on 6s blah blah blah and it's not made for speed runs or drag runs. I wish it would do 130🤣 best I pulled on quoted 130mph gearing was 111 on 6s. Also rediculas as even Castle states their products are made to hold up to the extreme and for speed runs etc but then when it is faulty or gets damaged all of a sudden no it's not made for that use? But then also they have speed runners beta test their products like Raz for example with the XLX2 but again want to turn around and say no it's not made for that use. I get not wanting to cover warranty for products that yes were in fact abused Or not installed correctly etc but when it's a brand new item with use in their quoted ability there should be no questions asked and product either fully replaced or fixed correctly as their warranty states. Also makes no sense to me another member had an older 1717 with lots of use that they sent in and got sent a brand new replacement, but mine is 2 weeks old and they send it to me with used damaged parts instead? Unfortunately it has gotten worse and worse and unfortunately us speed runners don't have another option for at least ESC's that will perform up to the task like Castle does so we are stuck. I just hope I get my damn motor either fully replaced or fixed with a NEW rotor so I can be done with it as I'm tired of waiting and pissed I paid almost $200 for a motor that was damaged after 4 4s passes in the 80s and one 111mph 6s pass and then they can't follow or hold up to their own warranty guarantee.

Castle sucks in their product support it seems. Considering that product support is one of the most important things to me… I will not be getting anything made by castle. This is not the first time I’ve heard of castle difficulties in backing their own product. Sounds like they are aware of their products shortcomings and simply don’t want to be responsible.
Guys, I'm not saying Castle is at fault. That would be the same as the person who blames Arrma for arms or wing mounts breaking when they land 25 foot jumps badly. The MM2 is a very capable esc. It took my T6 over the 100 mph mark until I geared the crap out of it and blew it up. They did replace it, even if it took a few months. Attempting to run it in the Granite on 6s was risky, as would be trying to run any esc. 3200kv geared at 31/45 on 6s was never what any esc manufacturer had prepared for. On that note, a BLX 185 held it steady into the high 80's and a Max 6 got it to 105. Both have cut offs though, which Castle does not. My disappointment lies in the fact that this replacement esc was never really tested and only made one pass that never passed the mid 70's mark. I'll call Castle again today and see what they say, but I'm not expecting miracles. I ordered the new MMX 8s because I realize that I need more if I want more. As for their tech guys and their comments about speed, it's basic math for them. This times that equals whatever. They know those numbers aren't achievable, but on paper they theoretically are. We'll see what happens after I call them today

So let's try this again. 31 pinion, 45 spur (plastic) 3200kv stock motor, MMX 8s, 6s Ripple Killer, 6800 120c 6s, stock difs. It'll be either really really fast or really really toasty🔥
20210817_224722.jpg

I thought you were only joking when you originally mentioned 8s in a Granite. But you've done it. Its shoehorned in. Your crazy J.

So let's try this again. 31 pinion, 45 spur (plastic) 3200kv stock motor, MMX 8s, 6s Ripple Killer, 6800 120c 6s, stock difs. It'll be either really really fast or really really toasty🔥View attachment 164367
Your just the right amount of crazy.. 🤪

I thought you were only joking when you originally mentioned 8s in a Granite. But you've done it. Its shoehorned in. Your crazy J.
Just an 8s esc. Still running 6s but the calculations say it'll spin the motor at almost 59000 rpm. I believe that's about 40k more than Arrma ever had intended. Wish me luck. Poor Granite.
how are you going to keep the front down? weights?
Front splitter. I have the Granite to 105 mph and it was pretty stable. I don't expect much more top speed, but hoping for one or two mph.

Some 4s rear drive running. Modest 71 showing but managed 75 that didn't register on the gps
20211013_181139-01.jpeg

Longer road and higher top end (83 mph) with the RWD 3200kv 4s Granite. Still room though. Never got to full throttle.
20211017_162752-01.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back