Done with arrma. My wait is over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that you can use shorter or longer shocks and the only negatives that I can think of are:
Shocks too short: need to push droop screws in further, reducing the total suspension movement.
Shocks too long: reduce shock compression distance and total suspension movement as the shock body is longer.
Agree, not only is the shock spring rate important, but also the shock length is important.

If shocks are too short, it is even more important to adjust your droops screws, as shocks could get damaged when they travel to full stroke length, if droop screws are not adjusted to prevent this. Using a shorter shock will also limit your suspension travel & possibly cause the shocks/suspension to bottom out easier? Having to adjust your droops screws a lot due to shorter shocks would definitely limit the downtravel, which is important as this would have a negative effect on keeping your tires on the ground in very rough terrain.

If shocks are too long, you would have to compress the springs more in order to mount them. This problem with this, is it may affect the initial small bump handling since the earliest part of the shock stroke/spring action is more sensitive to the small bumps. Otherwards, no other negatives that I can see...

I reached out a week or so ago and again over the weekend, asking if he wanted to sell his Kraton since he was so unhappy with it and Arrma, I never heard back, my guess he was just frustrated and needed to vent.

TT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back