Done with arrma. My wait is over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironmike340

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Biggest mistake was to buy 2018 kraton. Shock ends and spare shaft held me up for months. They can shove there junk where it don’t shineThey had a chance they keep making and selling new vehicles with part that we can’t get. Screw them. Arrma is gonna be over for me. June now late August give me a break. I will never no matter what but arrma again. Support sucks

Sorry you feel that way Mike. I do understand the frustration with parts availability. Tend to find a lot of parts on eBay for a decent price. Keep in mind that a lot of the parts between Kraton, and Talion are interchangeable, and lots of people here have found parts from other brands that fit too. i.e. Losi, Redcat, Axial as well. I have a few Traxxas vehicles, and I tell ya, WAY more money in parts just to get them to what I would consider a decent level to beat on. I have broken so many Traxxas parts that I could have built a Slash from scratch!

Unfortunately Mike, I am feeling the same way. When I use up all my parts, I will to start moving over to the Losi RTR buggy and Techno truggy.

There are so many parts from other companies that may not b arrma specific but do work. I've used losi parts tekno parts ecx parts. Yeah they might not b arrma factory parts but they will make it so you can still use your rig. I havnt had any issues during this shortage in parts. Support your lhs is great advice imo the better relationship you have with your hs can be vital when it comes to finding parts that will work. Personally my lhs has a ton of parts for alot of different manufacturers. Sorry Mike maybe this will help although I do understand the frustration I'd much rather b able to just order the correct part but shouldn't let it stop you.

[Rant]
To me, this is another failing of the LHS... Stuff like rod ends, shock ends, turnbuckles, and a lot of other parts are close enough to being generic that nearly every LHS has these part that will fit on 98% of RC's out there. BUT - for most of the lunks behind the counter, if it is not in the catalog, they won't tell you it fits. Go into a shop and say "I want some turnbuckles for my ECX Torment, do you have any that fit?" Nope, ECX does not make a kit for the Torment. Lunk won't tell you the traxxas stuff fits, because it is not in the catalog. They don't even try to stock the universal parts, because then they would have to know a few basics about maintenance.

This is one of my greatest disappointments since restarting the hobby a few years ago. My first trip thru the hobby, most shops would not even stock brand-specific turnbuckles, rod ends, boll joints, shock ends. Instead, they carry a few RPM universal parts, and you get a dozen shock ends for $3 instead of a pair of Losi ends for $10. The hobby shop guys knew a thing or two about the cars they sold, and the substitutions that could be made.

Then add to this, the RTR mentality of the hobby. Now, we (generic we) buy cars, go run them, break them, and have no idea how to fix them. So we go to the shop and look for an exact part #. If we can't find that exact part, we melt down on the interwebs... Where, BTW, a quick search or question would have turned up a substitute part for the one that was broke, and the OP could have been back running several weeks ago.

And the OP does not want to hear about the Lawsuit? Fine I won't talk about the lawsuit, but it's sponsor, Traxxas. Traxxas, who gaves us this 'gift' of RTR only - then went out of their way to sell their cars and parts in places like Pepboys and best buy - in one stroke, they choke out the LHS (who know a thing or two about our cars), and give the roll of support to people that think New Brite is a good value in RC. A generation later, now we have both LHS lunks (because the LHS can't afford to pay more then minimum wage) and hobbiest that don't get that parts like shock ends are mostly generic parts...

Last - direct to the OP - the first time I broke a shock rod end on my v1 Kraton, I went to my LHS - they don't carry Arrma at all. My question - what 1/8 shock rod ends do you carry? Losi 8 they said. So I bought a set. Put them on my Kraton. Not a perfect fit, but I got them to work. 2 year later, they are still there.

Again to the OP. I don't really blame the you for your attitude. The RC industry has created it. If I had not gotten my start back in the late '80's, when everything was kit, mail order was a 6-week delay, and the LHS was a 'ask mom for a car ride' away, I probably would not have learned what I know, and would be in the same mindset as the you. There but for the Grace of God goes I.

[/rant]

Sorry to the OP, sucks to have to wait. On the other hand Jerry-rigged makes a bunch of great points.

The small LHS (3 blocks away from my house) that was in business since the 70's closed about 2 yrs ago when the Pep Boys a mile up the street was invaded by Traxxas - now them & Best Buy fight it out. The LHS was mostly Traxxas & they took A GREAT DEAL of my pocket change in the 00's.

While the gift of RTR sold more people into the hobby it's also true they have no idea what these cars are. A neighbor of mine recently got back into the hobby when he seen me ripping up the neighborhood with my Arrmas. Of course, he went to BB and got a Bandit, thinking it was similar the stock V3 Typhon he seen me testing to destruction :D After blowing $360 on the car, batteries, & charger he broke the thing within 10 minutes (I'm surprised it lasted that long). He had no idea there was a difference between the 2 cars. Even after giving him a detailed comparison he was just starting to get the picture. So I had him to return the garbage, which BB took back w/o question :rolleyes: For the same money, I built him a Typhon from my spare part box complete with a 4S battery & charger. Since then, it's been truggified & he managed to snag a V2 Kraton on eBay. I don't think he will graduate to 6S anytime soon but at least he has come far enough that he can joke about the headache I had when I was trying to explain the difference between a Bandit & a Typhon.

BTW, he actually understands the parts, mainly because I built the car right in front of him. This made him want to work on the car himself (although I can't really say that was a good thing) :D

There are numerous posts and threads about alternative shocks and rod ends, I even specifically remembered giving you at least 2 of the different options for shocks.
Just because it's an Arrma doesn't mean you have to use Arrma parts.

@Jerry-rigged Auto parts stores are the same way, most of the time they just have a monkey sitting behind the counter that can push buttons.

Last edited:
Some people are just never happy and will always complain. LOL
And they don't listen nor do they want to do any sort of research. I'm willing to bet that the shock shafts from a Tekno ET48.3 would work just fine in the Arrma shocks. I will test when I get home tonight.

And they don't listen nor do they want to do any sort of research. I'm willing to bet that the shock shafts from a Tekno ET48.3 would work just fine in the Arrma shocks. I will test when I get home tonight.
I actually just ordered front shocks for the Tekno ET48.3 and rear shocks for the Tekno NB48.4 and I am hoping to make them work in my Typhon. I needed a shock shaft and shock body for my front V2 shocks and was already at like $28 so I figured I would just upgrade to 4mm Tekno shocks for $42. Then I ordered the rears to just upgrade all of them in one shot HAHA. If they are too long I'll probably use them in my Kraton and/or Senton but figured it's worth a shot.

I actually just ordered front shocks for the Tekno ET48.3 and rear shocks for the Tekno NB48.4 and I am hoping to make them work in my Typhon. I needed a shock shaft and shock body for my front V2 shocks and was already at like $28 so I figured I would just upgrade to 4mm Tekno shocks for $42. Then I ordered the rears to just upgrade all of them in one shot HAHA. If they are too long I'll probably use them in my Kraton and/or Senton but figured it's worth a shot.
The shocks out of the EB48 and et48 won't fit the Typhon they are too big and a perfect fit for the Kraton and Outcast . I would check out the SCT410 shocks for the Typhon.

The shocks out of the EB48 and et48 won't fit the Typhon they are too big and a perfect fit for the Kraton and Outcast . I would check out the SCT410 shocks for the Typhon.
Yeah I was wondering about that too. The fronts on the EB48 and ET48 are the same as the rears on the SCT. So I guess worst case scenario would be to use the fronts that I have coming on the rear of the Typhon and then order SCT fronts for the front of the Typhon. Oh well I figured it was worth a try and they will get used regardless.

The small LHS (3 blocks away from my house) that was in business since the 70's closed about 2 yrs ago when the Pep Boys a mile up the street was invaded by Traxxas - now them & Best Buy fight it out. The LHS was mostly Traxxas & they took A GREAT DEAL of my pocket change in the 00's.

While the gift of RTR sold more people into the hobby it's also true they have no idea what these cars are. A neighbor of mine recently got back into the hobby when he seen me ripping up the neighborhood with my Arrmas. Of course, he went to BB and got a Bandit, thinking it was similar the stock V3 Typhon he seen me testing to destruction :D After blowing $360 on the car, batteries, & charger he broke the thing within 10 minutes (I'm surprised it lasted that long). He had no idea there was a difference between the 2 cars. Even after giving him a detailed comparison he was just starting to get the picture. So I had him to return the garbage, which BB took back w/o question :rolleyes: For the same money, I built him a Typhon from my spare part box complete with a 4S battery & charger. Since then, it's been truggified & he managed to snag a V2 Kraton on eBay. I don't think he will graduate to 6S anytime soon but at least he has come far enough that he can joke about the headache I had when I was trying to explain the difference between a Bandit & a Typhon.

BTW, he actually understands the parts, mainly because I built the car right in front of him. This made him want to work on the car himself (although I can't really say that was a good thing) :D
Sadly, guys like you aren't a dime a dozen, but guys like your friend are. @Jerry-rigged is 100% on the money with how things are these days if your even lucky enough to have something you can call a "local hobby shop". For me, my best shop closed up after more than 20 years in business and it was over an hour drive. I still have 3 shops I can go to, one has become 80% paint ball oriented it seems, one doesn't have much "stock" but can order it for you and the last one at least has nitro fuel I like even if the dolts behind the counter can't tell you anything useful. One is 1 hour 20 minutes away, the other with little in stock is 45 minutes and the one with fuel 1.5 hours away.

It really stinks that this is happening to the hobby shops. I think when nitro was big before brushless came along, hobby shops seemed a lot more helpful because they had to be, or they would be fighting with people all day every day who want to return their vehicles because they don't "run right" or run at all. So to stay in business, they had to know how to tune and what worked with what. But now, with brushless, anyone with a wallet can get up and running in minutes with zero knowledge about how and why. Unfortunately, the guys behind the counter are similarly uneducated in the hobby.

Makes me glad I started with nitro 20 years ago because now I can really appreciate the simplicity of brushless and the power it provides along with the convenience. Not to say I don't still fire up a nitro truck once in a while and that old "I'm really doing something now" feeling comes back. :)

Yeah I was wondering about that too. The fronts on the EB48 and ET48 are the same as the rears on the SCT. So I guess worst case scenario would be to use the fronts that I have coming on the rear of the Typhon and then order SCT fronts for the front of the Typhon. Oh well I figured it was worth a try and they will get used regardless.
I noticed that when looking at them, kind of like how the Typhon rear shocks are the same size as the fronts on the Kraton and Outcast. I never did any comparisons between the Typhon fronts and the SCT410 front but I'm assuming they would work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back