Done with arrma. My wait is over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not exactly sure and I won't be able to reassemble them until late tonight to measure.
From looking around online the front SCT410 shocks might be a little bit longer than the front Typhon shocks.

From looking around online the front SCT410 shocks might be a little bit longer than the front Typhon shocks.
I don't think shocks being too long would hurt anything though. Would it effect anything other than having reduced travel due to the taller shock body?

I don't think shocks being too long would hurt anything though. Would it effect anything other than having reduced travel due to the taller shock body?
I'm running the Teknos on mine and the fronts are 5mm longer than the stock shocks and I have not noticed anything, even being 5mm longer they just feel like they work better than the stock ones

I'm running the Teknos on mine and the fronts are 5mm longer than the stock shocks and I have not noticed anything, even being 5mm longer they just feel like they work better than the stock ones
I am waiting for my tkr6093 and tkr6083 to arrive. I cant wait to slap them on to see what the rave is about.

@slick2500 I measured the shocks on my V2 Typhon and came up with the fronts being 105mm center to center and 119mm for the rears.

Edit:
So after looking at the Tekno website I should have gotten SCT front(107mm) and rears(122mm). I can still use the truggy fronts as my rears though.

Last edited:
@slick2500 I measured the shocks on my V2 Typhon and came up with the fronts being 105mm center to center and 119mm for the rears.

Edit:
So after looking at the Tekno website I should have gotten SCT front(107mm) and rears(122mm). I can still use the truggy fronts as my rears though.
Right on, yeah I don't think the extra 2mm is going to make too much of a difference.

Right on, yeah I don't think the extra 2mm is going to make too much of a difference.
That's what she said.

I just got done ordering the front SCT shocks so now I can do Tekno shocks on the Typhon and one set on my Senton or Kraton.

That's what she said.

I just got done ordering the front SCT shocks so now I can do Tekno shocks on the Typhon and one set on my Senton or Kraton.
Nice. I need to fix my front MT410 shocks and buy a pair of rears so then I can have a spare set.
Oh and I know it doesn't show in the pictures but the shock bodies are different colors between the models.
From left to right MT410, NB48, Arrma, ET48.
evIPa2S.jpg

I know the frustration my Kraton blew the esc and motor. It is being fixed under warranty. I have been waiting a month and a half for parts to come in.
Meanwhile my MT410 is being delivered today. Everyone stay with Arrma you guys switching to Tekno are making the Tekno upgrade parts scarce.o_O

I cancelled my Typhon V3 in the middle of March because I had a feeling that Arrma was gonna become stagnent for a long long time.

I’ve noticed that here in the UK some RC websites have even removed listings all together. Even sites that are showing them have an ‘unknown’ availability date which imo will be at least several more months. And the parts even longer. The other potential issue is new product coming out Typhon V4 etc..

I’m still here on the Arrma forum because I want an Arrma but I am going to wait at least a year after the cluster flunk has been sorted out. Their are other brands out there to be discovered in the meantime which is what I did. I got a Hyper VS which I am super impressed by and there is no shortage of parts, the only thing that gets to me about the Hobao stuff though is I can’t find a community of owners anywhere other than one single thread on RCTech forums which is kinda annoying when you try and find solutions to things etc.. This forum is excellent so when Arrma is sorted out I’ll be back here with one....... eventually. Feels a bit like a video game you can’t wait to play but it’s release date keeps getting pushed forwards.

Goodbye. Parts are rolling in. I bought a 2018 V3 Kraton yesterday from my local hobby shop. They also have an entire parts wall. Don’t know what your talking about. I’m riding high!

Really, that extra length doesn't matter, or maybe she's just saying that to be nice....
I know that you can use shorter or longer shocks and the only negatives that I can think of are:
Shocks too short: need to push droop screws in further, reducing the total suspension movement.
Shocks too long: reduce shock compression distance and total suspension movement as the shock body is longer.

Where is the late August timing that the OP mentioned coming from? Is that from Arrma or a distributor, or just something he's making up?

I’m not the OP but from my experience it kept getting moved. Mine went like this. Early March, expected May 2. May 2 came and went, moved to June 5, I cancelled. I kept an eye on it. June 31, August then the items disappeared from some stores. I’m in the UK.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back