Don't crash your SBR 2.0 !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
So jumping the SBR 2.0 , it was cold , did a front nose landing and off came the front bumper and reinforcement brackets behind !!!! The bumper is on back order til Jan 22nd ,....... the reinforcement brackets on back order til MAY 3rd !!!!! WTF !!!! So now I can't drive this til May ????? BTW , these brackets are what hold the lower front arm hinge pins in , I kept driving it but the pins started backing themselves out .

So jumping the SBR 2.0 , it was cold , did a front nose landing and off came the front bumper and reinforcement brackets behind !!!! The bumper is on back order til Jan 22nd ,....... the reinforcement brackets on back order til MAY 3rd !!!!! WTF !!!! So now I can't drive this til May ????? BTW , these brackets are what hold the lower front arm hinge pins in , I kept driving it but the pins started backing themselves out .
Ugggghhh...sorry ......

No carnage pic, didn't happen..

The carnage !!!!

IMG_4530.JPG

IMG_4531.JPG

IMG_4532.JPG

Maybe this is a chance to create something so you can play with it. :)

Get creative, see if you can come up with something that can hold the pins in.

I don't create .. but many here do.

Maybe this is a chance to create something so you can play with it. :)

Get creative, see if you can come up with something that can hold the pins in.

I don't create .. but many here do.
LOL , already on it !! The bumper is going to come in mid Jan , so what I need to do is redo the lower attaching already have a plan and kind of a layout of how to make it work , just need the new bumper for mock up, May is unacceptable to wait that long !!!
You think that Losi knowing how heavy this truck is it is inevitable that we are going to break these pieces and should have run off a thousand or two of these parts !!

Well got the repair done !! May not be pretty , but it will work until the parts come in . Used 1/8'' flat stock ( had to double up between the chassis and front diff ) . a little grinding , welding , notch a piece to weld vertical to be in front of the hinge pins to hold them in , bolt to front bumper , drill some holes and wire tie to other side of broken bumper .

IMG_4533.JPG

IMG_4534.JPG

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4541.JPG

IMG_4543.JPG

Well got the repair done !! May not be pretty , but it will work until the parts come in . Used 1/8'' flat stock ( had to double up between the chassis and front diff ) . a little grinding , welding , notch a piece to weld vertical to be in front of the hinge pins to hold them in , bolt to front bumper , drill some holes and wire tie to other side of broken bumper .

View attachment 119622

View attachment 119625

View attachment 119626

View attachment 119630

View attachment 119631
Function over form I say.

You welded your hinge pins in😂

Was joking i hope it holds up for you!💪
The new bumper should be in about a week or so , but that lower piece they say until May . While I like this truck , I kinda wish I got the UDR instead . I am going to watch how I'm jumping now with it ( no big sends ) and just enjoy the speed / drifting / open field runs / etc .

View attachment 119622

View attachment 119625

View attachment 119626

View attachment 119630

View attachment 119631
Nice job . . .where I come from we call that: "saw to cut - hammer to fit - file to finish"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back