Typhon Don't start stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAMN THATS SEXY!
Yep, kicking myself hard. Looks better than I was thinking! Good job with it! (y)
Thanks. It is really easy. And they are just big square cuts with the glued smeared all around. Look like crap on the inside, but outside looks good.

For a hole as large as yours, I would paint the screen flat black. I think it would look good.

So the plan was to cut a piece and hot glue and/or screw it on over the opening.
Well after I cleaned the mesh I realized it is SS. Even the biggest shears I have (which is small) cant cut it.
So it would have worked and probably would have looked ok but(n) FAIL!
Not a big deal as far as having a gaping hole in the body but the fact that I didn't think it through is what gets me. 🤪😂

I always get carried away with cutting up my RC bodies.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Buy some tin snips and have at her.

So the plan was to cut a piece and hot glue and/or screw it on over the opening.
Well after I cleaned the mesh I realized it is SS. Even the biggest shears I have (which is small) cant cut it.
So it would have worked and probably would have looked ok but(n) FAIL!
Not a big deal as far as having a gaping hole in the body but the fact that I didn't think it through is what gets me. 🤪😂

I always get carried away with cutting up my RC bodies.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wire snips and a leather glove!

snip, snip, snip...

Here was the first one I did on a Tyhpon 4s setup I had. Have one above the motor fan, one above the ESC fan. Since then I bought a plastic cutting bit for my dremel, so can make then much better looking now, but this wasn't too bad.

1664669500816.png

$6 and can cut with lexan scissors. That is how I always cut mine.

Limited-time deal: 1 PC 11”X14” (28cmX36cm) Wire Mesh 5 Mesh, Sturdy Metal Mesh Sheets for DIY Projects 304 Stainless Steel No Rust Mesh Screen https://a.co/d/55PqTCk

Thanks guys!
Before I impose on anyone I'm gonna see what I have in the barn. I only took a few steps inside and there is a lot of stuff in there.
This Typhon body isn't something I care too much about (as far as being nice like a shelf queen}.
I think the wire I have is just too heavy duty as normal clippers have no chance with it.

Thanks all of you for your idea's and input.
If I don't find something that looks half as good as @HZRDOS then I'll be hittin you up @Tex Koder.

F'n spiders are gonna get me in the barn!:eek::ROFLMAO:

Thanks guys!
Before I impose on anyone I'm gonna see what I have in the barn. I only took a few steps inside and there is a lot of stuff in there.
This Typhon body isn't something I care too much about (as far as being nice like a shelf queen}.
I think the wire I have is just too heavy duty as normal clippers have no chance with it.

Thanks all of you for your idea's and input.
If I don't find something that looks half as good as @HZRDOS then I'll be hittin you up @Tex Koder.

F'n spiders are gonna get me in the barn!:eek::ROFLMAO:

It's no trouble at all.

In fact, while you're deciding on what's hiding in the creepy old barn.
Go ahead and let me know some measurements of that opening..

I'll get something drafted just to get some brainstorming ideas going. 🍺

Last edited:
I am using this. Works great.

Dremel 9901 Tungsten Carbide Carving Bit, 1/8” (3.2mm) diameter, Carving & Engraving Rotary Accessory, Cutter Burr (1 piece) , Silver https://a.co/d/bBnFNnQ
Thank you! I came back here to ask you for a link because there’s a lot of options out there so much appreciated. Have you ever found that you wished you had some thinner/smaller ones or does that size work great all around? Again, thanks man!

I bought a used typhon body that the previous owner had cut one of the windows out of. I used stainless steel screen & eb6000 to cover the hole. Regular tin snips will cut that screen really easily. Ended up painting it black w/ a sharpie to hide some of the globs of glue. All is not lost!!🙂👍

20221002_224021.jpg

20221002_224032.jpg

I bought a used typhon body that the previous owner had cut one of the windows out of. I used stainless steel screen & eb6000 to cover the hole. Regular tin snips will cut that screen really easily. Ended up painting it black w/ a sharpie to hide some of the globs of glue. All is not lost!!🙂👍

View attachment 247573

View attachment 247574

Could I trouble you in measuring this height >

Typhon Height.jpg

Or, a close guessimate..

Just the back/vent area? Approximately 25mm or so? Kinda hard to get the calipers in there for a very accurate measurement

Good enough.

Thank you sir.

Just to block out the opening ,here's a quick draft of what I have in mind...

1664772084746.png

1664772468474.png

Once the base dimensions are roughed out and finalized ,I'll be able to work on the actual vent shapes and opening sizes..

Last edited:
Oh no!!! I have spare parts from another build and just so happens they fit the Typhon.
@Tex Koder The body of my rig is the least of my problems.
I really cant leave sh!t alone!!!
I'm not going to even show what the heck I did. If it runs good then I may show it.:rolleyes:🤪
Michael Scott Reaction GIF

Oh no!!! I have spare parts from another build and just so happens they fit the Typhon.
@Tex Koder The body of my rig is the least of my problems.
I really cant leave sh!t alone!!!
I'm not going to even show what the heck I did. If it runs good then I may show it.:rolleyes:🤪
Michael Scott Reaction GIF
The Office No GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back