Kraton Double-Check My Build Before Ordering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddworld

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Overview: Would you mind checking my build before I place an order?
Just want to confirm I'll have all the parts, everything's compatible, and I'm not missing any fixtures or brackets. Parts list is below.

Kit:
Motor:
ESC:
Servo:
Pinion:
Batteries:
Receiver:
Transmitter:
  • Spektrum DX5C

Please let me know if anything here is incompatible, or if I'm missing anything. I appreciate your time. Thanks.

Rpm arms are okay……but with EXB model, they take some fooling around with (hint Dremel work) To make the shock ends fit properly.

Also the swaybar connection is not the greatest. I personally stick with stock arms in the summer. But deal with the RPM issues in the winter because they are indeed more flexible.

Just something to think about

All looks pretty good. SMC batteries are arguably the best on the market for the price. I think you’ll be impressed.

Only other thing I’d suggest are M2C overkill driveshaft.

https://m2cracing.net/cars-and-truc...ast-8s-overkill-cvd-outdrive-driveshafts.html

When I purchased my first K8S, the first thing that whent were the CVDs on day one.

Stock up on arms they break all the time.
Are these the dogbones that connect the diff to the wheel hubs? Are the original ones that weak?

Mine is the RTR V1 , but that's what I put in for electronics in mine : HW Max 5 , 5687 1100kv , 27t pinion , Futaba 3PV radio , Hoovo 7200mah 120c Batteries , it is a great combo although a lot of others prefer the 800kv . With this combo on the 27 / 47 mine pulled 54-55mph , bash til LVC with no motor fan 140-150 for temp . Very conservative IMO . I have a lot of fun with this truck / combo !!!
You didn't mention the M2C ESC plate to mount the HW Max 5 . Also very easy to set up with the Program card .

IMG_4712.JPG

Last edited:
Are these the dogbones that connect the diff to the wheel hubs? Are the original ones that weak?
Yes, especially with a large 800 KV motor. Massive torque going to the tires and unfortunately the pins are the weak point but I’ve actually snap the balls off the end also. Many others have had ongoing issues with the CVD‘s also.

54482362-285D-40A6-8BFA-0429B551C820.jpeg

D1A021B6-77AC-48DC-81F3-24FE459CF4B7.jpeg

DE2A7A65-3DD9-45B6-B473-0D729D53CB5C.jpeg

I am in the process of building a Kraton 8s. Using m2c chassis and steering rack. Vitavon steering couplers. Fast Eddie bearings. Some parts from RCJENNY. Stock center and rear drive shafts. Not sure on motor amd ESC.

You can also listen to the sound it makes while running it. What I like to do is turn it upside down and give it some throttle if it has a slight “ring”coming from the pinion and spur that is good. If it sounds like it’s grinding they are too tight.

Do you know how much youre build will cost?
I don't know about his build but I know that my build utilized a $100 off discount on the K8 EXB, the max 5 with 1100 KV, same servo is this thread, pinion, and Dumbo RC 6-channel transmitter receiver combo. 2 CNHL 8000 mAh 4s batteries on sale..... Odds and ends parts, 8mm anti spark plugs, thread lock, have not gotten the big beefy drive shafts yet and that's not included in the price. I did not have to pay sales tax so I think I got by on about the cheapest you can possibly get with around $1,300.

Regular price rig, throw on sales tax, $1500.

Fancier stuff, $2000 can disappear easy.

I was fortunate..... @joostin420 had one for sale here on the forum and I snagged it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back