Dr Jim's Limitless Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say the weather has been "wacky" lately, but then we've only been here about 2-1/2 years, and Springtime in the Rockies can be pretty "wacky" even in the best of times!
Yea spring time weather around here is very sporadic. I'm just hoping for a 'nice' streak!

Yea spring time weather around here is very sporadic. I'm just hoping for a 'nice' streak!

So do I! I still have a couple of places to scout out, but once this virus stuff settles down, I think the one road I found over by where the CSU stadium used to be might be the most usable. If I really "push it", there's over 2200' of smooth, flat pavement.

Being more cautious cuts that down to about 1700'. The other places I've found are ~500' to ~800', quite a bit less, but still better than the 300' parking lot where I could barely hit 63MPH. I'm expecting the brakes to be better than with the BLX185 ESC I have in there now. Full brakes on that one are a joke.....

Lordy....haven't posted here in almost 3 weeks.....

Spent the day getting this PC up and running on a new Operating System (Kubuntu 20.04_LTS), and now I have photos and stuff on the old disk to get pulled onto this one, detailing what I've been doing with the Limitless.

Basically have the new MMX 8S installed and wired to the motor and batteries, and some body work stuff.

Sorry I dropped out of sight, but had a bunch of Home Owner stuff to take care of besides the PC.

Lordy....haven't posted here in almost 3 weeks.....

Spent the day getting this PC up and running on a new Operating System (Kubuntu 20.04_LTS), and now I have photos and stuff on the old disk to get pulled onto this one, detailing what I've been doing with the Limitless.

Basically have the new MMX 8S installed and wired to the motor and batteries, and some body work stuff.

Sorry I dropped out of sight, but had a bunch of Home Owner stuff to take care of besides the PC.
Pffft, life comes first my friend. Then we squeeze in our addiction! ? ?

Pffft, life comes first my friend. Then we squeeze in our addiction! ? ?

That it does, buddy, that it does!

My Sweet Little Wife also decided to try her hand at furniture refinishing out in the garage, so since I have some auto body/model building experience, she was constantly asking me how to do things. I kept telling her I wasn't into woodworking, BUT.....I wound up doing a bunch of google/YouTube research, and showing her how to do things.

At least she's doing it right, and her first results are quite nice.

That it does, buddy, that it does!

My Sweet Little Wife also decided to try her hand at furniture refinishing out in the garage, so since I have some auto body/model building experience, she was constantly asking me how to do things. I kept telling her I wasn't into woodworking, BUT.....I wound up doing a bunch of google/YouTube research, and showing her how to do things.

At least she's doing it right, and her first results are quite nice.
Allot of my friends are married, so I truly understand, Happy wife Happy life. ?

GROAN.....

Got totally, completely, and 110% wrapped up in some things, and the Limitless had to sit for a while.

I'm still here, I'm still tinkering away, but got side tracked for a few weeks doing eBay stuff, home improvement stuff, and family stuff.

Should be back working on the little car this week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back