Infraction Drag set up mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hello everyone! I have an Infraction that I am considering drag racing in an addition to my regular big empty lot shenanigans. I am asking for some tips, without going completely overboard. I'm currently running stock diff, mmx8s/ Spektrum 1250kv w30t pinion. 100k f/r 1mill.center diff oils. To me it seems like a good platform to start. Been having tons of fun, but maybe more focus on 132ft A to B performance. Any specific suggestions? Thanks in advance, and everyone stay safe!?

Not an expert. We have some great guys here that are. I would suggest a set of tires for the drag setup obviously along with a locker diff for the center. Depending on how serious you are into drag I would also look into a set of front and rear diffs to drop in with a higher weight oil. Love my infraction ? stock is a great speed basher.

Thank you! I'll most likely swap the Limitless 34t spool and leave my 30t pinion on. I can always play around with gearing right!? Not sure where to get foams. Gone bananas? Ill have to research.??
Yeah the new Sweep foams or the good ol’ BSRs.

Thank you! I'll most likely swap the Limitless 34t spool and leave my 30t pinion on. I can always play around with gearing right!? Not sure where to get foams. Gone bananas? Ill have to research.??
34 Spur/ 30 Pinion ratio is good for speed runs, but not in 132ft drag racing. You'll run out of track before your motor peaks.

Always a wheelie bar, especially if you are hardcore locked out. Home made bar is fine, mounted to the diff case chassis screws and low to the ground. Milimeters from the ground is how they do it. Bearings are all that's needed instead of wheels. Some guys use no wheelie wheels at all, nothing. Some Weight placed on the front nose also.(y)

Always a wheelie bar, especially if you are hardcore locked out. Home made bar is fine, mounted to the diff case chassis screws and low to the ground. Milimeters from the ground is how they do it. Bearings are all that's needed instead of wheels. Some guys use no wheelie wheels at all, nothing. Some Weight placed on the front nose also.(y)
But more weight is less top end... Gotta find that balance.

After researching a little further, ideally you want to be geared for around 90. A sub 2 second pass usually yeilds around low 80's. In my case I will start with 30/34 and gear down instead of up for a 132'pass. I have a low KV motor though. Your ratio may differ.

Pics of drag Infraction please! ?

IMG_20200515_221617.jpg

Work in progress.. but aren't they all??

After researching a little further, ideally you want to be geared for around 90. A sub 2 second pass usually yeilds around low 80's. In my case I will start with 30/34 and gear down instead of up for a 132'pass. I have a low KV motor though. Your ratio may differ.
Well I’m on my fourth combo for this vehicle and this time I’m using a tp 3200 kv with a mamba x 8s on 6s with a ripple killer 6s cap but I’m not shooting for speed runs I have a limitless for that just want to hook and book

You're in new territory for my experience. The most I've heard of anyone running in a vehicle as big as an Infraction is a 2900 killmode. I would only assume you would gear down even more. That motor won't even start eating until at least 120 feet. Let me know how it works out!

You're in new territory for my experience. The most I've heard of anyone running in a vehicle as big as an Infraction is a 2900 killmode. I would only assume you would gear down even more. That motor won't even start eating until at least 120 feet. Let me know how it works out!
Well I’ve only been doing this stuff seriously since November so I may be way off base and go a totally different route but I was thinking like a 25pinion 40 spur but I was trying to get some ideas before I put it together

That doesn't sound too off base to me. You want to get that motor spinning asap. A ratio like that would do the trick. Is the spur in a diff or a spool??

Spool and I have silly putty in the diffs I just removed two stock motors and two stock esc both on 6s but I wasn’t super impressed so back to the drawing board

You will find that 30/34 (what I have currently in my Lim) is not geared low enough for 132ft. A 27 pinion is your lowest gear down option with a 34 Spool/center diff using a stock motor mount. And I find that even 27 wont get a top pull within 132ft. Also need lower KV to compensate. But I am kind of high with a 2250kv/6S. (not setup for 132ft pulls but more for speed pulls) Maybe some of this above info will apply to your scenario.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back