Limitless Drag setup issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had it launching perfectly straight before without issues, but I wasn’t hitting over 60 before. Let’s see if this helps. That’s an OC8S wing compared to the previous OC6S or Typhon wing, not sure where the small one came from.

CB3ECA76-A489-4C8C-87A5-5558030E0246.jpeg

I’ve had it launching perfectly straight before without issues, but I wasn’t hitting over 60 before. Let’s see if this helps. That’s an OC8S wing compared to the previous OC6S or Typhon wing, not sure where the small one came from.

View attachment 233832
If anything it'll add weight over rear axle...I have a O8s wing,much beefier an probly 200+ gram diffrence......jd you running 0-188ft?
For $hits an giggles I ripped off a couple clean 0-188ft hits with 325mm 765 bitty car on 5s other day....surprised at how clean and straight it went...grps an speedrun gearing..seemed like a good ,fast hit 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220802-193138_GNSS PA.jpg
    Screenshot_20220802-193138_GNSS PA.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 43
If anything it'll add weight over rear axle...I have a O8s wing,much beefier an probly 200+ gram diffrence......jd you running 0-188ft?
I was trying to do some 132ft pulls as that’s what they do in competitions.

Well the spool let go today on my first test hit, so it will be a few days before I can try again. I wish I could find that red Loctite that Arrma uses. I clean my parts with alcohol and let them dry, then apply TL, assemble and wait at least 24 hours and spools rarely hold together for long.
If your looking for stronger than loctite red try their stud retaining compound. We use it in machining to retain press fit studs. It’s incredibly strong, one of the strongest bonds they make.

https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-21448-Strength-Retaining-Compound/dp/B000O01EV0/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=AGTVFMBD4MFE&keywords=loctite+stud+green&qid=1659623277&sprefix=lockyite+stud+green,aps,146&sr=8-2

Last edited:
Your issues doesn’t seem to be an aero problem.

Switch back to hoons to setup up suspension. They tend to magnify the issue and it’s cheaper to wear out hoons versus foams.

Take all the preload off each shock and then add about a quarter to the rears as even as you can get. Make sure you droop is set on the car with some rake to it. As you already know, load it up with batteries. Once the front and back lift off evenly.

Head to your spot for drag and make a few passes trigger smashing. Does the car pull to one side more than the other?

If it pulls left add preload on the left rear side and vice versa. You keep doing this till you get a consistent pull. If you’re getting too much squat.. you can start to add preload to each side in the rear till it’s balanced out.

This way assumes your toe and chamber are setup good too.

Once your car is pulling nicely.. switch back to foams. Also are your rear foams wearing out evenly?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back