Felony Drag Time List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time out with the Drag Infraction and the motor locked up on the third hit. Here’s the GPS screenshot. Video will follow later tonight. Saw a puff a smoke at the big end. Brand new 4050CM rotor blew again. Third one. I’m done with TP D wind for now.

View attachment 152791
That 1.24 though!!!
I see some teens in your future 👍

That 1.24 though!!!
I see some teens in your future 👍
Yes sir! Now I have to wait for a motor or vulture one out of another rig to get by. I really won't have much time this weekend to make hits anyways, so it might wait until next week. I have a few 5650 motors on order, one might be here Monday, but its another D wind that I ordered a long time ago with intentions of running it on the XLX2. I also just ordered a 5650-1440 Y wind from eBay (California seller) and another @PPS mount to go along with the 30mm mounting holes. Hoping that setup will get me into the teens for sure. It went pretty straight and felt like it hooked really well. Those SMC lipos aren't my good packs either. The CNHL 9500 90C packs are my hot ones.

Yes sir! Now I have to wait for a motor or vulture one out of another rig to get by. I really won't have much time this weekend to make hits anyways, so it might wait until next week. I have a few 5650 motors on order, one might be here Monday, but its another D wind that I ordered a long time ago with intentions of running it on the XLX2. I also just ordered a 5650-1440 Y wind from eBay (California seller) and another @PPS mount to go along with the 30mm mounting holes. Hoping that setup will get me into the teens for sure. It went pretty straight and felt like it hooked really well. Those SMC lipos aren't my good packs either. The CNHL 9500 90C packs are my hot ones.
I like that we’re taking approaches at opposite ends of the power spectrum and running similar times.
I’m over here on minimal voltage and tuning it like it’s a 1:1 drag car with a progressive n2o kit on a slick surface.

I pulled a pound and a half out of the car and it slowed down a tenth with the exact same 1.18 setup.
As a result, I’m currently fighting some nasty wheel hop and hoping to get some good slow motion footage of the rear shocks to see what it needs to plant back down the first 20’ of the run.
May try to run a slightly harder GRP compound in the rear and see it it settles down.

I like that we’re taking approaches at opposite ends of the power spectrum and running similar times.
I’m over here on minimal voltage and tuning it like it’s a 1:1 drag car with a progressive n2o kit on a slick surface.

I pulled a pound and a half out of the car and it slowed down a tenth with the exact same 1.18 setup.
As a result, I’m currently fighting some nasty wheel hop and hoping to get some good slow motion footage of the rear shocks to see what it needs to plant back down the first 20’ of the run.
May try to run a slightly harder GRP compound in the rear and see it it settles down.
Custom ladder bar setup to eliminate wheel-hop would be soooo cool...sorry,just thinking out loud...

I hadn’t seen the tire hop until tonight. The foams did that hop on the Infraction. While I only got three hits in, I can tell it has a lot more potential than the Typhon or Kraton. It went really straight on the best hit too. Can’t wait to get it back out there. Stupid motor slayer ruined the fun 🤣🤣🤘🏻🤘🏻

Today I got old ugly, my infraction drag truck, out for a few test passes at a road with a much tighter asphalt mix than the street outside my house.. did a 0-40, 0-188, and a 0-60 back to back for fun. The road was nice and hot and the GRP S1’s hooked up nicely with not too much wheel spin. I’m still figuring how much initial throttle it can take on launch before spinning up too much.. not as easy as I thought. Only did these three passes total before traffic put an end to the fun, but I’m pretty happy with the results so far. XLX/Castle 1717/8s

07FBEBAE-D843-4291-991E-3971D755C5A6.png

C93ADA62-EA99-4ABB-B860-742FF688722A.png

756BE070-AF5D-4C64-8B2A-7C36DAA600DC.png

First try with the new tires and power system. Mm8 and a 1650kv 16 tooth pinion and 46 spur. Would only go 42 mph on 6s. My 8s hits 56mph top speed. What is the largest pinion I can fit with the 46 spur? The tires are s4’s and grip is ok. Will not wheelie at all

1A076538-B743-4BAE-A7EC-2AE72AD53548.jpeg

E30138C9-9665-4541-AE0D-73C50C6404BA.png

F1ED3403-8D99-4713-8EFB-064CE9831DA3.png

Today I got old ugly, my infraction drag truck, out for a few test passes at a road with a much tighter asphalt mix than the street outside my house.. did a 0-40, 0-188, and a 0-60 back to back for fun. The road was nice and hot and the GRP S1’s hooked up nicely with not too much wheel spin. I’m still figuring how much initial throttle it can take on launch before spinning up too much.. not as easy as I thought. Only did these three passes total before traffic put an end to the fun, but I’m pretty happy with the results so far. XLX/Castle 1717/8s

View attachment 152937

View attachment 152938

View attachment 152939
What car is this?

First try with the new tires and power system. Mm8 and a 1650kv 16 tooth pinion and 46 spur. Would only go 42 mph on 6s. My 8s hits 56mph top speed. What is the largest pinion I can fit with the 46 spur? The tires are s4’s and grip is ok. Will not wheelie at all

View attachment 152946

View attachment 152947

View attachment 152948

What car is this?
Its a mix of Infraction and Limitless parts, with a Typhon rear wing. Running a Castle XLX and 1717 motor on 8s. Spool instead of center diff and GRP S1 tires. I built it 4 days ago out of my stock Infraction and a bunch of leftover speedrun stuff. Today was the first day of serious testing, and it did great. I hadn't charged the Gopro before I left, of course, so didn't get any video.. I will next time out. The tires hooked up really well, still I had to feather the throttle the first 10 ft. or so of the launch before I could get on it, so the car has more in it once I figure out how to launch it consistently

image_50414849.JPG

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

View attachment 152946

View attachment 152947

View attachment 152948

What car is this?
Iv run a 34/46 in the Kraton. You’ll only get one motor mount bolt in there but that’s all you need with a bit of blue loctite.
Maybe throw a spool in the car with that low KV motor if you plan on speed running with it.

Well @Mr.Duke I made it out for some hits today and sadly didn’t land in the teens…

I smashed thru those b!tches and hit the Naughts!!! Video will be uploaded today.

493308DC-5511-4C9E-A528-54E900CAA936.png

Last edited:
Here is my data log from the PB pass, which was my 13th hit on these packs.

MMX8S/1717-1650kv, 18/50, 15/42, Sweep Racing 105mm Foams, 2 x SMC 4S 9200mah 90C, no cap pack

Drag Infraction 1.050 0-40 Hit.png

Nice pass dilly 👍

Hopefully work slows down long enough for me get back out this weekend take that top spot back away from you. 😀
You got until the 4th of July to catch up. I am heading to Florida for a week starting Friday 🤣👍🤘

Back