Felony Drag Time List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a work cancelation this morning and found time to make a few test hits. Tried to gear up for some 188ft runs but something wasn't right. Couldn't get it above 66mph with it geared up to at least 85mph. Not sure if the 1717-1260kv got damaged from the cogging with the bad MMX8S yesterday, or what, but nothing is binding, rolls smooth by hand, calibrated ESC, checked ESC & radio settings, still no top end. It didn't cog at all, so that's a good sign. I will have to throw it on the motor analyzer later to see what the KV is.

Anyhow, I did still manage a 188ft PB of 2.790s despite the lack of top end.

Infraction V2 8S MMX8S/1717-1260kv 29/46 15/42 CNHL 4S 90C 9500mah x 2 Sweep Max Forward Soft

IMG_1174.PNG

Update: tested the 1717-1260kv motor with the SkyRC Brushless Motor Analyzer and it seems to be OK.

C1DB7A0A-65E6-40B1-9F75-B8A771909EF5.jpeg

Here is the log from the 66mph speed pass. Rather pathetic. It was not on full packs, but still rather slow.

Drag Infraction 66mph speed pass.png

EDIT!!!!
Just realized that I used EXB GP4 diffs on this build. I was trying to decide when I was building it and I forgot that I decided on GP4 for durability under hard hits. This explains why the top end was so slow. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🥴

Last edited:
Was able to get 2 hits today out of my limitless I spun out at the top end and hit my dads infraction. But I was running 8S 2 SMC 9200 mah 120c batteries, GRP S2 slicks. I’m hoping next outing I’ll be able to try the foams and get some more runs in if one of the guys got a video of the run I’ll post it later.

B3C1C041-E656-404C-80A8-635A54357181.png

I made a total of 56 passes on 4s today testing various gearing and shock settings with brand new foams as of this morning.

At the end of the day, foams on the left measure 97.5mm vs new foams out of the packaging @ 103.4mm

306550DE-642B-4542-A7B2-9304BF73732C.jpeg

Good thing I bought extra sets because these things wear incredibly fast.

Best passes of the day were:
(2) 0.94 0-40mph
(1) 0.95 0-40mph
(2) 0.96 0-40mph
(1) 0.98 0-40mph

Best 2 passes so far today.
View attachment 154584View attachment 154585View attachment 154586View attachment 154587
Stretched Typhon on 4s.
I’m gonna go back home and put the spool back in it and wait for it to cool off some.
Nice hits!!! Wondering how much lower we are going to be able to go. I know I can find a marginally better road to run, which might add a few hundredths, but I don’t see me picking up more than a tenth at this point. Who knows right?

I made a total of 56 passes on 4s today testing various gearing and shock settings with brand new foams as of this morning.

At the end of the day, foams on the left measure 97.5mm vs new foams out of the packaging @ 103.4mm

View attachment 154679
Good thing I bought extra sets because these things wear incredibly fast.

Best passes of the day were:
(2) 0.94 0-40mph
(1) 0.95 0-40mph
(2) 0.96 0-40mph
(1) 0.98 0-40mph

Nice hits!!! Wondering how much lower we are going to be able to go. I know I can find a marginally better road to run, which might add a few hundredths, but I don’t see me picking up more than a tenth at this point. Who knows right?
Have you guys tried to prep the tires or is that not allowed?

I wouldn’t be surprised to eventually see mid .70’s
Have you guys tried to prep the tires or is that not allowed?
Haven’t had to resort to that (yet) but my philosophy is, if the rules don’t say I can’t specifically do that….then it’s legal.

This next round of mods I’m working on will definitely raise some eyebrows with that in mind.

I wouldn’t be surprised to eventually see mid .70’s

Haven’t had to resort to that (yet) but my philosophy is, if the rules don’t say I can’t specifically do that….then it’s legal.

This next round of mods I’m working on will definitely raise some eyebrows with that in mind.
Can’t wait to get back in town. I’ve had a truck load of parts delivered while I was gone 🤣🤘🏻

As far as tire prep, I may end up doing some if the tires won’t hold the gearing changes I have planned. After that would be weight shaving. Last case would be a jug of VHT.

Can’t wait to get back in town. I’ve had a truck load of parts delivered while I was gone 🤣🤘🏻

As far as tire prep, I may end up doing some if the tires won’t hold the gearing changes I have planned. After that would be weight shaving. Last case would be a jug of VHT.
Same boat here- there's a new tekno box waiting for me 😍

I had time today to get some test hits in with the Typhon drag car. It was on 6s with an MMX8s and TP Killmode 2700kv 4070 can motor. On GRP S1 slicks. The ESC was updated to the latest castle software, so I was hoping to not have any fire related issues and thankfully it ran great with no problems lol..
It was 98 degrees outside so I only did about 10 passes before going back to the Air conditioning indoors.. It ran great but had a little too much wheel spin off the line despite my best efforts to feather the throttle until it hooks up.. I might go up a little in pinion size and see if it calms it down any.
I’ll be out next weekend to refine my throttle technique further, but for now here’s my two entries for the leaderboard

F3F6A22A-605E-413D-AFEE-F3AB3AAEC049.png

78465C85-AA15-4D65-A629-BF752D23324B.png

9D55A7DE-9511-4556-AD51-79781F5E27BE.jpeg

B2EFAB1A-BBB9-4ADD-8793-3FC711E468C7.jpeg

I had time today to get some test hits in with the Typhon drag car. It was on 6s with an MMX8s and TP Killmode 2700kv 4070 can motor. On GRP S1 slicks. The ESC was updated to the latest castle software, so I was hoping to not have any fire related issues and thankfully it ran great with no problems lol..
It was 98 degrees outside so I only did about 10 passes before going back to the Air conditioning indoors.. It ran great but had a little too much wheel spin off the line despite my best efforts to feather the throttle until it hooks up.. I might go up a little in pinion size and see if it calms it down any.
I’ll be out next weekend to refine my throttle technique further, but for now here’s my two entries for the leaderboard

View attachment 155753

View attachment 155754

View attachment 155755

View attachment 155756
Good early numbers! I would just say that the same setup that gets you a good 188ft pull is not going to do well in the 0-40mph. Two different setups will be needed.

For 188ft pulls you will need to be shooting for the top end to be at least 80mph, like you showed above.

But for the 0-40mph pulls, you only need gearing for about 45mph on the big end. You almost don’t need to gear for much over 40mph as it won’t matter. All it will do is spin the wheels off the line more, as you also attested to. Try setting it up for 0-40 next time and see how it runs. My guess is that is a sub 1.0s car just waiting for the right gearing 🤘🏻🤘🏻

OK, I should be ready to make multiple hits/passes tomorrow morning. I have the following ready to hit the road:

Drag Infraction - setup for 188ft/75mph
Speed Infraction - setup for 140mph
Speed Mojave - setup for 90mph
Speed Typhon 3S - setup for 130mph

The Drag Infraction will likely get boosted up a tooth or two on site to dial in the best launch/big end combo I can find.

OK, I should be ready to make multiple hits/passes tomorrow morning. I have the following ready to hit the road:

Drag Infraction - setup for 188ft/75mph
Speed Infraction - setup for 140mph
Speed Mojave - setup for 90mph
Speed Typhon 3S - setup for 130mph

The Drag Infraction will likely get boosted up a tooth or two on site to dial in the best launch/big end combo I can find.
Your T3S has already done 130 mph. Here's to 131!🏁💨🏁💨🏁💨💯

Back