Felony Drag Time List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question or two. What about cars that will run both 6s and 8s? And why can't we have no prep 4wd? And what if I make my 3s Senton 6s if I manage to fit the BLX185 system in it?
For cars that will run 6S or 8S, it will be classified based on whatever the run you make is using. If you have an 8S car but only put 6S in it for your run, it'll be a 6S run.

The hobby standard for no-prep drag racing is 2S, 2WD, 1/10 scale. I added it to the leaderboard here if anyone wants to post their non-arrma times.

If you run your 3S Senton on 6S it'll fall under whichever of the unlimited classes you run, either 0-40 or 188ft, with the chassis listed as 3S LWB and cell count listed as 6S. If you run it's on 3S it qualifies for the 1/10 class.

Last edited:
For cars that will run 6S or 8S, it will be classified based on whatever the run you make is using. If you have an 8S car but only put 6S in it for your run, it'll be a 6S run.

The hobby standard for no-prep drag racing is 2S, 2WD, 1/10 scale. I added it to the leaderboard here if anyone wants to post their non-arrma times.

If you run your 3S Senton on 6S it'll fall under whichever of the unlimited classes you run, either 0-40 or 188ft, with the chassis listed as 3S LWB and cell count listed as 6S. If you run it's on 3S it qualifies for the 1/10 class.
Thanks for the clarification. Locally, some folks got upset about a change in no prep rules. Apparently, last summer some ran 4wd with the shaft to the front removed. This year they specified this wasnt allowed and rc had to be a "true" 2wd. I should have phased the question better but can a rc qualify for the no prep section IF it's running 2wd regardless if it's 4wd(with proof, of course). The 2s part is new to me too as some of the no preps I see racing have to be 6s or better with the burnouts they do.. So whats our take here?

Thanks for the clarification. Locally, some folks got upset about a change in no prep rules. Apparently, last summer some ran 4wd with the shaft to the front removed. This year they specified this wasnt allowed and rc had to be a "true" 2wd. I should have phased the question better but can a rc qualify for the no prep section IF it's running 2wd regardless if it's 4wd(with proof, of course). The 2s part is new to me too as some of the no preps I see racing have to be 6s or better with the burnouts they do.. So whats our take here?
I'd be fine with adding 4wd modified to 2wd vehicles to the no-prep class with an asterisk declaring them as such.

I'd be fine with adding 4wd modified to 2wd vehicles to the no-prep class with an asterisk declaring them as such.
Thanks. I was excited when the RC Club announced the start of no prep until they amended that rule. It ruled me out. But I thought I'd try to stick it to them and put the BLX 100 system in my sons ECX Amp

Heck yeah! Killin it. Looks like our first 3 verified passes!

Just so we are all on the same page, it doesn't matter at all for unlimited, but for anyone running the 1/10 no-prep, make sure your verification clearly shows driveline, 2wd/modified 2wd.

Heck yeah! Killin it. Looks like our first 3 verified passes!

Just so we are all on the same page, it doesn't matter at all for unlimited, but for anyone running the 1/10 no-prep, make sure your verification clearly shows driveline, 2wd/modified 2wd.
I didn’t bother verification on the K6S 1.450 0-40 due to it not being a PB. I forgot to try again with my better pack later. I will get a verified run with the 1.350 or better as soon as I can. I want the blue check 🤣

I want the blue check 🤣
34c.jpg

Leaderboard updated
Now I need someone to put up some 188ft hits so I know where I stand. I have zero clue if 3.00s is even worthy of making a video about. I know I can get faster. For sure with the Infraction. Adding a wheelie bar will help too. Both rigs today popped wheelies when the tires got warm.

Now I need someone to put up some 188ft hits so I know where I stand. I have zero clue if 3.00s is even worthy of making a video about. I know I can get faster. For sure with the Infraction. Adding a wheelie bar will help too. Both rigs today popped wheelies when the tires got warm.
Thats why Im holding off on color coding.

A local guy I bought a Typhon from does lots of drag racing. He told me that he preferred the HW esc for drag.
Have you noticed a difference?
After a day of making hits on two cars and gaining a sunburn, I have very little advice to give other than spinning the wheels off the hit equals mowing the ditches and always bring sunscreen 🤣

Honestly though, if you can get out of the hole without wheel spin, you can get into it heavily early on and stay on track. The first ten feet seem like make or break... or is it brake? 🤣

I tried a bunch of combinations of timing and punch settings and it seems the lowest punch settings, plus throttle control gave me the best results. Relying on Flysky CH speed was a bust for me. I may be having antenna issues though. My stock antenna has a hole in it (don’t ask me) and my booster signal wire got tugged and might be compromised. I have a new, longer cable in route. The 8in is just a touch short for the way I ran it. I have a 10in coming in the next few days. I wish I could buy the stock antenna again as it would be nice to pull off the booster for bashing.

After a day of making hits on two cars and gaining a sunburn, I have very little advice to give other than spinning the wheels off the hit equals mowing the ditches and always bring sunscreen 🤣

Honestly though, if you can get out of the hole without wheel spin, you can get into it heavily early on and stay on track. The first ten feet seem like make or break... or is it brake? 🤣

I tried a bunch of combinations of timing and punch settings and it seems the lowest punch settings, plus throttle control gave me the best results. Relying on Flysky CH speed was a bust for me. I may be having antenna issues though. My stock antenna has a hole in it (don’t ask me) and my booster signal wire got tugged and might be compromised. I have a new, longer cable in route. The 8in is just a touch short for the way I ran it. I have a 10in coming in the next few days. I wish I could buy the stock antenna again as it would be nice to pull off the booster for bashing.
I have also seen many drag guys here locally run on concrete which provides a lot more bite.
Some run foams and smoke them the whole way through the run. Not sure what they are doing but they can drive with one hand (no steering)

I have also seen many drag guys here locally run on concrete which provides a lot more bite.
Some run foams and smoke them the whole way through the run. Not sure what they are doing but they can drive with one hand (no steering)
They have their setups dialed in beyond what I’ve been able to do. Then again, my road isn’t flat. It has a crown and both sides have ripples. I did my best to keep it between white lines of a two lane road.

They have their setups dialed in beyond what I’ve been able to do. Then again, my road isn’t flat. It has a crown and both sides have ripples. I did my best to keep it between white lines of a two lane road.
Much like speed running.... Drag is another side of the hobby that has many setup secrets

Did some 4s hits with XXL typhon with 107 hoons..lots of finenessing it outa the hole.lmo good time for crappy traction and 4s...try little later with GRPs.coming for that time @jondilly1974 ..🤙

Screenshot_20210526-143003_GNSS PA.jpg

Imagine having a meet up to do hits in person.
Mid-west meet up.....
I'll rent out gateway racetrack here in st.louis.
Huge parking lot for speedruns,dragstrip,an 3/4 mile tri-oval.that would be good times..
Sitting in the stands racing around the tri-oval...

Last edited:
No rush for me. Take your time. I will be editing my verified video and uploading it later anyways. Might as well wait for the video.
That # you got is gonna be a hard one to beat.

Screenshot_20210526-184737_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20210526-185019_GNSS PA.jpg

That # you got is gonna be a hard one to beat.

Screenshot_20210526-184737_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20210526-185019_GNSS PA.jpg
You got better time on 188ft. But I had 13mph more.you must be getting outa the hole way better.1/5 grpz killing it

Back