Felony Drag Time List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As i am waiting for new parts, i figured i'd strip down my speedrunner and did a 0-57m (that's one ft short as the gsm020 doesn't do .3 meters)

This is with badly worn BSR's, topspeed gearing and no aero. I wasn't expecting anything close to 3".

1622389128929.png

3.15 is a good number..my lightweight drag project i named (BEAT JD) IS A HANDFUL WITH WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION..keep swapping for softer springs.comes outa the hole with right front tire off the ground just hovering there after third spring change azz end is starting to squat better..ill have it coming outa the hole hovering front end on wheelie whole way down road...but know it's ole big girls turn to have a go at that 188ft. On 4s it ran 75mph in 188ft ,but not a good #..try N get it outa thehole better.heres my best 2 times with BEAT JD so far on 6s.

Screenshot_20210530-100559_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20210530-110744_GNSS PA.jpg

20210530_113823.jpg

20210530_113839.jpg

I have to get a sky gps unit. My next over 100.00 purchased for sure. I am running stock spur 500k fluid and 22t pinion. Managed to smoke the tires off the line yesterday.
Spinning ain’t winning 🤣🤘🏻
3.15 is a good number..my lightweight drag project i named (BEAT JD) IS A HANDFUL WITH WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION..keep swapping for softer springs.comes outa the hole with right front tire off the ground just hovering there after third spring change azz end is starting to squat better..ill have it coming outa the hole hovering front end on wheelie whole way down road...but know it's ole big girls turn to have a go at that 188ft. On 4s it ran 75mph in 188ft ,but not a good #..try N get it outa thehole better.heres my best 2 times with BEAT JD so far on 6s.

View attachment 149065

View attachment 149066

View attachment 149067

View attachment 149068
Beat JD who? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Might wanna check my update today.

Heres the XXL best time with 119mph gearing with zero suspension travel.trying not to spin tires whole.this setup is Insane, 15ish back to back holeshots while monitoring temps every other run.on new asphalt, 150++ foot black marks everywhere.12+ lb car just melts,destroys GRP'S. FAST AS I COULD RESET GNSS PULLS WITH 1 40×40 4S FAN AN MOTOR NEVER OVER 135,XLX2 110...heres her best #...this big block is most power rc ive driven by far.motor dorfs a 40×92..at 160$(tp4070cm. 200$)don't understand why more peps don't run these big block.perfect summer motor.1 119mph speedrun,no fans needed.cant wait to see how it runs at 140mph. I thank it'll do that without breaking a sweat...

Screenshot_20210530-120237_GNSS PA.jpg

20210530_123354.jpg

Spinning ain’t winning 🤣🤘🏻

Beat JD who? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Might wanna check my update today.
I saw it...wait till I got (BEAT JD) TUNED UP.FRONTS WONT TOUCH THE GROUND WHOLE 188FT SHOOTING SPARKS OFF WHEELIE BAR WHOLE WAY DOWN..😛🤟🤘🤙.
thats a damn good #..this is fun to do,I hate waiting on gears to come in.need um for XXL .things gonna blast throu the 140s.
Spring change an go again. Got right front hovering. Its crazy. Hard to control unless both r hovering.almost there.wondering if removing front chassis brassis is causing some chassisq twist.ill try an get a video

Attachments

• 20210530_124535.jpg
    20210530_124535.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Two very nice passes 👍🏼 I have to ask, what sort of surface is that your running on ?? is it a course asphalt ??
Yes it is somewhat old asphalt road. Would be nice to find a newer surface as I think it would stay planted better.

Yes it is somewhat old asphalt road. Would be nice to find a newer surface as I think it would stay planted better.
I wonder if adding weight at this point will help? Couple extra 6s packs tied down for looks? Weight plates are what I had to use on my old drag truck.

I wonder if adding weight at this point will help? Couple extra 6s packs tied down for looks? Weight plates are what I had to use on my old drag truck.
I’ve found heavy packs to work against me. They are great for speed runs, but on drag hits, they slow me down a few tenths. These Yowoo Graphene packs and the SMC Extreme V2 are the best I have so far. The 9500 CNHL packs and my big SMC 9400 packs don’t really fit the K6S tray, but I found they just weigh too much. I think a smoother surface would allow a cleaner launch and I could get on full throttle sooner. Key for me so far is preventing wheel spin, especially the first 10ft or so. Another cheat code would be tire prep. I’m trying to do no prep so far. Just a dry burnout. Starting to go thru tires pretty quickly now.

I’ve found heavy packs to work against me. They are great for speed runs, but on drag hits, they slow me down a few tenths. These Yowoo Graphene packs and the SMC Extreme V2 are the best I have so far. The 9500 CNHL packs and my big SMC 9400 packs don’t really fit the K6S tray, but I found they just weigh too much. I think a smoother surface would allow a cleaner launch and I could get on full throttle sooner. Key for me so far is preventing wheel spin, especially the first 10ft or so. Another cheat code would be tire prep. I’m trying to do no prep so far. Just a dry burnout. Starting to go thru tires pretty quickly now.
The 1300mah pulled pretty good numbers comparing it to the 5000. Obviously being a lot lighter but I thought it would’ve sagged a lot more.

D347839E-DF5B-4248-83A3-93D6504433F9.jpeg

Rub some naptha on those tires. They will get real sticky. Little trick when I used to drag race nitro back in the day

I thought this was interesting:
Same distance, same time, different gearing, big difference in speed.
It doesn’t really make sense. Fair enough the time with the lower speed may have gripped up more to punch that number out but the run with more mph would’ve had to of also stuck to do that speed over the same distance.
Is this GPS spitting out whatever?? I felt like I was on the throttle on both runs past the 188ft mark but maybe not.

D4BEF4A2-2D00-431F-8B36-6499E45C664F.png

F52E91EA-5895-49B9-8D5E-DE28EF5C25BA.png

Got some baseline numbers with the stretched Typhon this evening.
MMX8S TP4050
worn out hoons
27/46 (non spool)
6s CNHL 5000mah 70c
That setup is sounding very very much like what I'll be onto next when my current setup fails me 😉😎👍🏼

On a side note, I think it would be interesting if we put the total weight of the car we're running inc batteries etc..!!

That setup is sounding very very much like what I'll be onto next when my current setup fails me 😉😎👍🏼

On a side note, I think it would be interesting if we put the total weight of the car we're running inc batteries etc..!!
Oh man I’m pretty sure my K6S needs to be on a diet before we start fat shaming our rigs 🤣🤣 she’s thiccccc

Back