Felony Drag Time List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to wear safety glasses when doing brief burnouts to clean them off before each pass. The amount of debris these tires pick up when heated is ridiculous.
They backpack blower only helps so much when the tires pull the embedded rocks out of the road surface

Imagine a clean surface.sub 1 second time possible??????????have you had any heat problems with gearing.
Heck yeah! I'm hoping my stretched Senton build will put up some better numbers than my T6S did. It wasn't even built for drag or speed. Its got a bunch of junk in the trunk. Just need some time to finish the build and get it tuned.
My curiosity is spiked,,STRETCHED SENTON BUILD.is there a thread or just a side build?????
Long an narrow like a rocket👍👍👍👍

Last edited:
I got lazy and left the backpack blower back at the farm because it was out of fuel and I didn’t feel like going across the property to get more.

No heat problems at all. I usually make a few passes (4-6), pull and analyze the logs, make a tweak or 2 while it cools off and go back for more.
I would’ve liked to had gotten in a few more rounds but I think I was starting to piss off these 2 older ladies trying to make laps and get there exercise in, so out of respect for my elders I packed it up early and let them have the track to themselves.

I also managed to get some runs in with the Infraction.

Setup: MMX8s - 2200kv / 2x4s 5000mah CHNL G+ / GRP S5

I put on my S5 speed run tires because my S7s are almost completely done. Could improve my time a bit with the newer tires but I still had some traction issues. Weather was great but I managed to spin the wheels for 60 feet or so :D

Run 1:
IMG_1077.PNG

Run 2:
IMG_1078.PNG

And here the rubber line from my best run:
tempImageLPeqvQ.png

Will probably order some S2s at some point..

don't TRY THE 107MM HOONS...THEY ARE ONLY GOOD FOR TIRE SMOKE AND LOOKS,THATS IT.crash every time I put them on...my thoughts on today's drags....
S1 & s2 slicks worked best.smaller,lighter packs worked best. Ran 4,6,8s.fether it outa the hole an pin it 15 feet out on 4s where my best 0-40s.on 8s extreme throttle control whole time,,but get it right an good #'s are there.much more testing & practice needed for sure .mass + power + traction,get those 3 just right an you'd be on top of list

20210613_170507.jpg

don't TRY THE 107MM HOONS...THEY ARE ONLY GOOD FOR TIRE SMOKE AND LOOKS,THATS IT.crash every time I put them on...my thoughts on today's drags....
S1 & s2 slicks worked best.smaller,lighter packs worked best. Ran 4,6,8s.fether it outa the hole an pin it 15 feet out on 4s where my best 0-40s.on 8s extreme throttle control whole time,,but get it right an good #'s are there.much more testing & practice needed for sure .mass + power + traction,get those 3 just right an you'd be on top of list

View attachment 151955
I concur with everything above 💯 %

The only other thing I’d like to mention from what KBash touched on is try to get some slow motion footage of how the car leaves the 1st 10-15’ out and find a throttle move that minimizes wheel speed vs slip. Too much or too little wheel speed vs slip will reduce times. You don’t want a “dead hook”, but juuuuust the right amount of slip without overdoing it, is where you want to be throughout the entire run.

Pro Tip brought to you by Mr. Daniels (he lets some of the secrets slip sometimes) 🥃 😎

Imagine a clean surface.sub 1 second time possible??????????have you had any heat problems with gearing.

My curiosity is spiked,,STRETCHED SENTON BUILD.is there a thread or just a side build?????
Long an narrow like a rocket👍👍👍👍
How fast can you brake in that space? You won’t be able to go faster 0-40 than you can 40-0. You’re counting on the same traction, but gravity and drag are working against you when accelerating but with you when braking. So if it takes 1.0s to brake from 40-0, then you’d have to expect to never accelerate that fast.

How fast can you brake in that space? You won’t be able to go faster 0-40 than you can 40-0. You’re counting on the same traction, but gravity and drag are working against you when accelerating but with you when braking. So if it takes 1.0s to brake from 40-0, then you’d have to expect to never accelerate that fast.
Damn jd ,you just took it to the next level,,,u got this brain working on that!!!!!!!!
1 to 1 cars can brake faster than accel cant they?????but they have a.b.s..????would that be the same as traction control on the acceleration side????🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Damn jd ,you just took it to the next level,,,u got this brain working on that!!!!!!!!
1 to 1 cars can brake faster than accel cant they?????but they have a.b.s..????would that be the same as traction control on the acceleration side????🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Kinda. Since we aren't using traction control or gyro for our drag runs, the lack of ABS on RC cars shouldn't matter

Random 'fact'. Can't find a source just some Internet jibberish but heard it many times during Interviews from drivers.
Formula 1 car can accelerate 0-60mph and brake back to 0 all within 3s.
0-60mph would be 1.6s based on one source.

Always mind-boggling to me to see that in a 1:1.

I saw it on a YT video. Basically modern traction can only give so much grip. Peak traction, plus drag, plus gravity equals max traction. So you should be able to brake faster than accelerate. Find the fastest possible 40-0 time and you won’t be able to 0-40 any faster than that.

F1 cars definitely have insane acceleration but it's more from 60-150 where they really shine. Their 0-60 time is around 2.5 sec. There are some production cars that are faster mainly because of launch control... the brakes on F1 cars are insane though, haven't heard of any specific time but they usually brake from 210mph to around 60mph in 100m.
In terms of ABS, I'm pretty sure it doesn't help much with breaking distance. The real advantage is that you're still able to control the car under heavy braking.

Back