Felony Drag Time List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new fresh road is ideal. Concrete has a slight edge over asphalt for grip.
A tar heavy asphalt road is not ideal, but I wonder how that might change on a 110 degree day with road surface temps peaking over 150 F?

1622557540903.png

You can eat whatever you want before making your hits. If you like gyros or tacos, eat what you like. Hell, even eat some babies 🤣🤘🏻
Tacos, like hotdogs? Containment on 3 sides of the filling says so.

A new fresh road is ideal. Concrete has a slight edge over asphalt for grip.
A tar heavy asphalt road is not ideal, but I wonder how that might change on a 110 degree day with road surface temps peaking over 150 F?

View attachment 149524
I think I found an industrial area less than 10 miles away with cement. Hard to tell from Google Maps as the street view is from 2018, but it might be OK. Going to drive up there and take a few hits. It's hard to find anything but asphalt here in Ohio. Up in Michigan you can find more cement surfaces, but they are generally either very congested roads or in really bad shape, sometimes both 🤣

I think I found an industrial area less than 10 miles away with cement. Hard to tell from Google Maps as the street view is from 2018, but it might be OK. Going to drive up there and take a few hits. It's hard to find anything but asphalt here in Ohio. Up in Michigan you can find more cement surfaces, but they are generally either very congested roads or in really bad shape, sometimes both 🤣
Now dammit jd you can't win at everything😅🤣😂.imo you find a better road,you gonna have some fun..its fun when ya don't crash...🤣😂🤣😅
Now dammit jd you can't win at everything😅🤣😂.imo you find a better road,you gonna have some fun..its fun when ya don't crash...🤣😂🤣😅
Preferably one running east an west.lest sidewinder.,an a push from mother nature never hurts either...

I suppose that is one thing that Texas is good for. We have tons of concrete for most roads.
Only rural county roads are done in asphalt.

The drag racing scene is pretty big here. Not sure if I am interested enough yet, but following this thread, and enjoying what you guys are doing!
Watched a RC drag rail do 1.2 sec to 103 mph on 3s. Pretty amazing!!!

I suppose that is one thing that Texas is good for. We have tons of concrete for most roads.

The drag racing scene is pretty big here. Not sure if I am interested enough yet, but following this thread, and enjoying what you guys are doing!
Dammmmmmmmm 1.2s 😱😱

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Spent a few hours making hits on concrete today and couldn’t reach my PB ETs with the same setups as last time. Made no changes and ran the same packs and tires. Was on average a few tenths slower. Could have been something other than the surface. Not conclusive yet. It did seem to have better traction, but the cement had relief cuts every ~20ft and maybe those gaps were to blame?

Spent a few hours making hits on concrete today and couldn’t reach my PB ETs with the same setups as last time. Made no changes and ran the same packs and tires. Was on average a few tenths slower. Could have been something other than the surface. Not conclusive yet. It did seem to have better traction, but the cement had relief cuts every ~20ft and maybe those gaps were to blame?
Not all concrete is the same, much like how asphalt can differ.
In general I have found concrete provides better grip with the GRP tires.

Not all concrete is the same, much like how asphalt can differ.
In general I have found concrete provides better grip with the GRP tires.
It seemed like it was hooking better too, so that was my surprise. I even busted out a fresh set of GRP S3 J wheels to try and get some more grip on the Typhon. Couldn’t get the numbers though. I even topped off my packs during cool downs. The Kraton got close and felt like I was putting down solid hits. It was getting up on the wheelie bar so I know the traction was there. I found an alternate cement site on a dead end road, but there is a window factory at the dead end and they were letting out about the time I arrived. I bet mid shift or after hours that would be a good road. It’s about three lanes wide and mostly flat. It has some elevation changes but they are stretched out. No worse than what Phil has to deal with.

FYI, I am delaying updating the list for a bit since it seems not only are a BUNCH of people jumping into the leaderboard, but many people are pushing new PBs over and over. I'll likely get it updated the middle of next week sometime as things settle out.

So took the stretched Typhon out to try some drag runs today. Think this is right just not sure as doesn't show speed if I reached 40mph but I'd assume it's right? Best time was 1.46
Screenshot_20210603-105655.png

So took the stretched Typhon out to try some drag runs today. Think this is right just not sure as doesn't show speed if I reached 40mph but I'd assume it's right? Best time was 1.46 View attachment 150032
Yep you did it right. Says 0-40mile/h under speed. That’s a pretty decent time for a first try. Keep up the good work 💪🏻

Yep you did it right. Says 0-40mile/h under speed. That’s a pretty decent time for a first try. Keep up the good work 💪🏻
Ok I just wasn't sure as the speed line on the graph stops at like 28mph. Thanks, wasn't hooking up the best either so definitely lots to improve on. Just running Spektrum 150A with the TP 4060-cm 18/50 so not too shabby👍

Ok I just wasn't sure as the speed line on the graph stops at like 28mph. Thanks, wasn't hooking up the best either so definitely lots to improve on. Just running Spektrum 150A with the TP 4060-cm 18/50 so not too shabby👍
Gear it to about 80mph and you’ll be on point. The rest is getting it down the lane with as minimal tire spin as possible. Throttle control is key. You gotta learn how far out you need to be before you really send it. For me it’s about 10-15ft. But if you spin in those first few feet, abort, it’s done. Keep it planted in those first few feet and you can really lay into it and make a hit.

Back