Felony Drag Time List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gear it to about 80mph and you’ll be on point. The rest is getting it down the lane with as minimal tire spin as possible. Throttle control is key. You gotta learn how far out you need to be before you really send it. For me it’s about 10-15ft. But if you spin in those first few feet, abort, it’s done. Keep it planted in those first few feet and you can really lay into it and make a hit.
Ok that's right about what I was thinking 75-80 for next time out. Just wanted to get a feel and see how it went running the newly stretched/wide Typhon. Also was on some pretty rough road just in front of my house so next time I'll go to my speed run road it's smoother road.

Ok that's right about what I was thinking 75-80 for next time out. Just wanted to get a feel and see how it went running the newly stretched/wide Typhon. Also was on some pretty rough road just in front of my house so next time I'll go to my speed run road it's smoother road.
Make sure you do a burnout before your pass to get the tires nice and sticky. Make them smoke just a bit. Then they’re ready.

I got the Losi out for a few passes today.. this is the second day running it and I’m really liking this car and whole RC drag thing in general.. I love that I can do it in the street right in front of my house, and not have to drive 40min to get to a suitable road. I have no idea how to setup a drag car, so I’ve just been experimenting with preload and the like. I took a little bit of preload out of the rear shocks and raised the wheelie bar a bit. It seemed to help, in the distance test to 132ft the car launched much harder with a higher top speed of 57mph, and 2.23g of acceleration.. All stock, but on a 65c 3s battery, not 2s.
I don’t have much interest in running these drag cars on 2s, though I know that’s all that’s allowed in racing. I just want to get it fast as it will reliably go on 3s for now, then at some point maybe throw in a infraction V2 150amp ESC and motor and try it on 4s lol??

54226D9A-1377-45AC-8211-AE77E64469EF.png

16C0A626-491B-433D-BFD6-000AC4B9DD04.jpeg

I got the Losi out for a few passes today.. this is the second day running it and I’m really liking this car and whole RC drag thing in general.. I love that I can do it in the street right in front of my house, and not have to drive 40min to get to a suitable road. I have no idea how to setup a drag car, so I’ve just been experimenting with preload and the like. I took a little bit of preload out of the rear shocks and raised the wheelie bar a bit. It seemed to help, in the distance test to 132ft the car launched much harder with a higher top speed of 57mph, and 2.23g of acceleration.. All stock, but on a 65c 3s battery, not 2s.
I don’t have much interest in running these drag cars on 2s, though I know that’s all that’s allowed in racing. I just want to get it fast as it will reliably go on 3s for now, then at some point maybe throw in a infraction V2 150amp ESC and motor and try it on 4s lol??

View attachment 150281

View attachment 150282
That’s a pretty good hit for a new car. 💪🏻

Thanks, yea it got off the line nicely that pass. It should only get better once I actually get the right amount of oil in the shocks, it feels like it’s just riding on the springs. I still don’t have a frame of reference for RC drag, what are the top guys running 0 to 132 and 0 to 188ft?

Thanks, yea it got off the line nicely that pass. It should only get better once I actually get the right amount of oil in the shocks, it feels like it’s just riding on the springs. I still don’t have a frame of reference for RC drag, what are the top guys running 0 to 132 and 0 to 188ft?
I’d love to know myself. Since we are doing scale hits, the times should be close to 1:1 cars, right? World record 1:1 1/4 mile is 3.58s. I’d have to assume us being in that ballpark is impressive. I’ve done a 2.860s pull and can’t imagine you can go much faster unless you shed tons of weight.

I’d love to know myself. Since we are doing scale hits, the times should be close to 1:1 cars, right? World record 1:1 1/4 mile is 3.58s. I’d have to assume us being in that ballpark is impressive. I’ve done a 2.860s pull and can’t imagine you can go much faster unless you shed tons of weight.
My quickest pull on the Losi. Mph and acceleration G force were down, but the time was a 10th faster

6B8586B1-D18B-4E01-8269-D00EB26EDACC.png

B8CFE6B9-C02A-4A8A-8AEC-9A77F251642E.jpeg

Hey @jondilly1974 ...
Just ordered some S1 slicks and I’m bringing a backpack blower to clean the surface

View attachment 150627
I’m gonna make you work for that spot back 😎
Heck yeah! Nice hit! I haven’t been trying the 0-40 last few outings as I was trying to get better at the 188ft, but looks like I got a good number to beat. Bad news is I will be out of town for work the next few weeks and might not get a chance to run any of my rigs for a while. Maybe not until July. Schedule is quite full most of the summer actually.

Nice.. all these screenshots of 132 and 188ft, and 0 to 40 times has pushed me over the edge.. Now I need to build a drag car to claim some of those spots.. I'm going to convert my V2 infraction with an XLX and a TP 4050 2400kv that will go in there first, lets see what that will do

<not challenging your result/validity>
I've seen the GNSS do weird graphs, like the registered time/speed not being being reached in the graph.... But your speed scale really go beyond any logic up to 20389 mph :unsure:

View attachment 150768
I’ve noticed that as well. They’re all like that, I have no idea why. What I have picked up on is when it ever glitches or gives a questionable result, it will consistently mark the run as “invalid” in the logs. At least that been my experience with this gps.
7D39790D-3A88-4B59-A52D-FFDD942230B0.png
5A7B1C88-76D3-40C7-8B5E-C5A99AACD3FF.png

All my runs yesterday in the record logs were marked valid and I feel pretty good about it. Considering the first hit with a brand new setup went 1.35 (really soft base tune in the esc guessing at suspension) I have no doubt I can better the 1.24 with consistency.

Since we’re on this subject.....
I’ve yet to dig into my bag of “controversial” tricks that I’ve gathered over the years, but with rules this wide open, it’s only a matter of time.
Ive been drag racing since the late 80’s and have been responsible for rules added to classes because of oversight and gray areas😂. Some of those tricks won’t transfer over to rc and only work on international combustion setups, but some do.....at least theoretically.

I’ll be straight up and let y’all know if there’s any foolery at play. In most cases it’ll be obvious and/or humorous, but if it goes quicker and works.....it works. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. 👍 I’ll also try and remember to bring a second phone so that I can record video uncut with my primary and run the gps app on my secondary phone.

There’s no money at play so it’s all for fun and the comradery that comes along with friendly competition.

I’ve noticed that as well. They’re all like that, I have no idea why. What I have picked up on is when it ever glitches or gives a questionable result, it will consistently mark the run as “invalid” in the logs. At least that been my experience with this gps.
View attachment 150770View attachment 150771
All my runs yesterday in the record logs were marked valid and I feel pretty good about it. Considering the first hit with a brand new setup went 1.35 (really soft base tune in the esc guessing at suspension) I have no doubt I can better the 1.24 with consistency.

Since we’re on this subject.....
I’ve yet to dig into my bag of “controversial” tricks that I’ve gathered over the years, but with rules this wide open, it’s only a matter of time.
Ive been drag racing since the late 80’s and have been responsible for rules added to classes because of oversight and gray areas😂. Some of those tricks won’t transfer over to rc and only work on international combustion setups, but some do.....at least theoretically.

I’ll be straight up and let y’all know if there’s any foolery at play. In most cases it’ll be obvious and/or humorous, but if it goes quicker and works.....it works. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. 👍 I’ll also try and remember to bring a second phone so that I can record video uncut with my primary and run the gps app on my secondary phone.

There’s no money at play so it’s all for fun and the comradery that comes along with friendly competition.
Like using a sling shot from a tree 🤣🤣

Back