Drag tires Rubber or Foam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
I’m sure this has been posted before. But what are some of you guys running for drag tires on 8S? I’ve seen some videos on YouTube and I think some are on foams and some are on rubber. If you are on foams how and what do you use to prep them? My 6S Felony does fine on the Hoons. But my Limitless is a different beast. I posted some of this on my build log but I wanted to add it here in the correct area. Thanks in advance.

I order 2 sets of GRP tires 1 set is treaded and the other are the slicks. Both S3 rating should have them later this week. Once I get them I’m going to try them I also need to change the spool in my limitless and the oil but I’m just doing small changes right now.

If you're competing in a no prep 8s 4wd class(unlimited class) you'll definently want foams. Rubber tires will only spin with 8s power. Foams will hook up on a no prep surface with the right tuning and you'll have the capability to run sub 2.0 second in 132ft.

If you're competing in a no prep 8s 4wd class(unlimited class) you'll definently want foams. Rubber tires will only spin with 8s power. Foams will hook up on a no prep surface with the right tuning and you'll have the capability to run sub 2.0 second in 132ft.
Yes. That is what I am trying to achieve.
What foams do you recommend?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back