Dread's Fury(Mega)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front and rear captured rod ends. Fastrax medium springs on the rear shocks.

P6230021_zpslhbrztum.jpg

P6230020_zpscsz29rz2.jpg

Had my first real breakage this afternoon,after a very rough tumble on tarmac,this was the result.

P6230022_zpscgcx5t3i.jpg

Well,me being me and having no available funds or wanting to wait,I scoured my spares boxes and found a GPM alloy steering rig for a RC10T3. Aha says I, that'll do nicely,so with a bit of re-drilling and tapping and plenty of cursing, I now have an almost totally upgraded steering rack,which as an added bonus also has a 2nd Ackerman setting. Well,after just over an hour's downtime,she's all ready to go again. Now here's something strange,I no longer have the reverse 'wiggle'.....added plus there then.( Before you ask,yes the screws have been threadlocked).

P6230023_zpsjjjxswi7.jpg

P6230024_zpswhapxe1x.jpg

Last edited:
Front and rear captured rod ends. Fastrax medium springs on the rear shocks.

P6230021_zpslhbrztum.jpg

P6230020_zpscsz29rz2.jpg

Had my first real breakage this afternoon,after a very rough tumble on tarmac,this was the result.

P6230022_zpscgcx5t3i.jpg

Well,me being me and having no available funds or wanting to wait,I scoured my spares boxes and found an alloy steering rig for a RC10T3. Aha says I, that'll do nicely,so with a bit of re-drilling and tapping and plenty of cursing, I now have an almost totally upgraded steering rack,which as an added bonus also has a 2nd Ackerman setting. Well,after just over an hour's downtime,she's all ready to go again. Now here's something strange,I no longer have the reverse 'wiggle'.....added plus there then.( Before you ask,yes the screws have been threadlocked).

P6230023_zpsjjjxswi7.jpg

P6230024_zpswhapxe1x.jpg
Nice tires dread! ;)

Ok,for those of you that may want to do this conversion,the GPM part # is AB4048,(Actually for the RC10B4). The bushing/bearing recess' need to be drilled out to 7mm and there are two small brass bushes that need re-bored to 3mm(Quite tricky). You will also require an M3 tap set. Costs,well according to the GPM web site,£10.69 or $15.10(US),so it's not all that cheap a part anymore.

Last edited:
Hi

You may want to check to make sure the big washers on the front captured rod ends isn't limiting your up and down travel. If you push the A-arms up and down and watch closely you will see that the washer will come into contact with the captured rod ends causing the steering to bind up. I had to switch over to ball cups because of all the binding I was getting.

Surprisingly,I got the magnets in today,(little over a week),they weren't due until at least the 12th July. Copying Vas' method,here's my mounted camera rig.
A word of warning,these magnets are VERY powerful,so take care that you don't 'sneck' your skin in between them,as it will break the skin.

P6300026_zpsgqj9lser.jpg

P6300027_zpsxulqd7by.jpg

P6300028_zpsciysb4jd.jpg

Hi

Is that a good idea, magnets and memory cards do not play well together. It may work OK for a little while but sooner or later those super magnets are going to start having a bad affect on your camera and memory cards.

That's what I thought, but Vas seems to have had good results with this set-up,without any ill effects. Just don't let the magnets touch the camera and you should be ok.
I'm going to try making a little vid to show just how powerful these things are.

Ok,as I said,here's the quick short vid.

A short video,just to test out the camera mount. I think that my camera is a little too heavy for the bodyshell as can be noticed by the excessive bouncing.

A short video,just to test out the camera mount. I think that my camera is a little too heavy for the bodyshell as can be noticed by the excessive bouncing.

I think most things or most cameras will be too heavy for the shell

Hi

Is that a good idea, magnets and memory cards do not play well together. It may work OK for a little while but sooner or later those super magnets are going to start having a bad affect on your camera and memory cards.

That's what I thought, but Vas seems to have had good results with this set-up,without any ill effects. Just don't let the magnets touch the camera and you should be ok.
I'm going to try making a little vid to show just how powerful these things are.

IT guy by trade here, I can put your mind to ease regarding the magnets and the camera. Modern cameras use flash storage which would not be affected by these magnets. Now the old style floppy disks and tape cameras would be a different story...

Sweet set up Dread, keep em coming!

I wish that I could,but between work and the weather, I've not had the chance to get out to do more driving. Here's hoping that the weather improves so that I can get using my truck again.

I've just ordered up a set of side plates from a fellow Arrma owner in the States,who makes them from 1/8th part aluminium rather than the kit 1/16th part. I'll keep you up to date once they arrive.

Just arrived and fitted on Saturday, the sideplates for the Fury from Greg Skidmore. He makes these plates cheaper than Arrma does.

P8200048_zpsyokl9wqq.jpg

P8200049_zps7zpokm5y.jpg

I picked up a set of M3 pan head and csk various length set screws from China,which came in a very handy multi-compartment box. All screws are hex socket heads. I've replaced all of the chassis underside screws too. Lengths of screws in the set are:-6mm;8mm;10mm;16mm;20mm.

I picked up a set of M3 pan head and csk various length set screws from China,which came in a very handy multi-compartment box. All screws are hex socket heads. I've replaced all of the chassis underside screws too. Lengths of screws in the set are:-6mm;8mm;10mm;16mm;20mm.

Link please?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back